Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boris, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I have been steadly shooting my STI Spartan and the SBGO is still in place. I would have had to lube any of my other 1911's by now if I was still using my old, "favorite" oil.
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Good to hear, and that's just it!
    I just got done after a good day of coyote hunting and alot of shooting afterwards. Most of the guns I had shot the last time out I just wiped down and lightly re-done them with sbgo and shot alot today. Just finished up doing the gun cleaning, and most of everything I cleaned just needed a good wipe down. With the P89, after a couple hundred of rounds through it, well seems the gun solvent is begining to be something I rarely use!
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I got some pics of an ongoing test I have been doing with SBGO regarding the galling of the LEE collet necksizer dies...

Well, see for yourself... this is after necksizing about 500 .308s just as fast as I could feed them through the press...

Attached Files:

4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

As you can see, no galling, just a smooth wear mark where the collet pushes against its seat to close around the mandrel.
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Josh, did you just lubricated the insides, or the entire die?
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I cleaned and lubed the whole die. except for the sizer mandrel. Then put a bead of SBGO on the collet seat and put it together and went to town on the entire box of spent brass...
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

ok i'm getting up the tree later today , i'll show you a test i been running now 4 months , thanks Bob and JLA and everyone who's added to all this , its been excellent and I've learned a heap
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

couldnt a done it without your help Jack. Thanks for turning me onto a great new product!
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

I have to thank a mate who showed me , he's in Texas , i got him to send me a bottle as a joke , then attended a training day with some army mates and we threw it on everything they had from styers up to M2's and everything was "better"

i tryed it on flinters , .22's through to .416 it beat the old Ed's Red i swore by for years
    but it is a former marine who invented it so cant be too surprised , they have a way of getting the job done ..

cheers to the Midnight Rider
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Cheers indeed!
  11. Shooter45

I've got a couple of bottles of SBGO Heavy Weapons oil. My friend has a 1918 Browning machine gun. It may be time to torture it a little. :D
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I actually took a 32 ounce machine oil bottle and mixed 2 bottles of HW and 2 bottles of regular SBGO and made 'Ultra SBGO'...
  13. Shooter45

How did that work out ??

I still have a few bottles to giveaway but looks like the interest if fading. No new replys from the winners ?? No more personal testing ?? :confused:
  14. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Shooter, I have lubed several of my guns with the SBGO I won but it has been to cold for this old man to get out and shoot. Going to change that tomorrow but will be shooting two new guns (a S&W 25-5 and a brand new Glock 19) so there won't be anything to compare the oil to in this case. What I have seen so far I can only say a little bit goes a long way with the SBGO and no complaints so far.
  15. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

..the interest isnt fading here Sam!:D