Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boris, Nov 6, 2010.

1. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I noticed several of you guys were wanting to create an environment that rust likes. If you want to put SBGO to the ultimate rust proofing test, then there is an easy way to create extreme rust in 24 hours. Just go to walmart and buy 1 lb of chlorine pool shock powder. Open the powder of Chlorine shock and pour it out onto a sheet of paper or into a plastic bowl. Set the Chlorine shock inside a cabinet along with the piece of steel you are using for the test. Be sure to close the cabinet door to keep the chlorine fumes inside with the metal. If not first treated with oil, the steel will be extremely rusted within 24 hours. After 10 days in the cabinet, the metal will be so rusted that it will be flaking and falling apart. Hoppes gun oil will not even protect the metal from rust for 24 hours. I know that from my own experience from owning a swimming pool equipment repair business for a few years. It would be quite impressive if SBGO could protect it in that kind of environment.

WARNING: DO NOT ALLOW ANY GUN OIL TO COME IN CONTACT WITH THE CHLORINE SHOCK. IT WILL CAUSE A CHEMICAL REACTION OVER MINUTES OR HOURS THAT WILL RESULT IN THE SHOCK EVENTUALLY BURSTING INTO FLAMES; JUST LIKE WHEN YOU POUR BRAKE FLUID ON CHLORINE SHOCK.
  2. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I forgot to mention the original point I was going to make in my post. SBGO works better than motor oil when lubing deck screws. If you are having a problem with the heads of deck screws stripping before you can get them screwed all the way in with your screw gun, then just put a few drops of SBGO on a piece of paper and roll your screws back and forth a couple of times in the oil before you use them. You will never have a stripped head again. Just don't push too hard on the screw gun, because SBGO makes them so slick that you can over drive them deeply into the wood if you are not careful.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Eggsilent idea charles! Now jihadis will go to hell if they walk on my porch. :D
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

you let em that far ??
  5. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I took a bottle on my last work rotation in a dusty place. If you use too much it will gather dust. So I used less than just a tiny dab and it gathered less. Used the entire bottle as directed. By far the best lube I have used on my own, and work weapons.
  6. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Here a WHILE back, I ordered a couple of bottles and notice it was different....lighter colored and a lot thinner! The color, no worries, but the lighter SBGO....I like it the way it was.
  7. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Its not the detergents, its the Extreme pressure addatives. To get enough in there they have to overbase the additive. Overbased additives in oil have polar bonds, so does water. Water bonds very quickly to these overbased pressure additives. In a closed system like a motor its not a huge issue, and any water that does get in is cooked off when operating temerature is reached.

Ive been testing this lube for a hot minute now and here is my long term observation.

Works best on weapons that see extreme use like fully automatic weapons and hunting weapons that see extreme use. I been testing Froglube aswell and it is a spectacular lube, but it dont mix well with oil so in an emergency situation you better make sure you packed some spare in a couple different places.

I will keep testing, internals on the Chicom Ithica 37 copy still has original application and its still there and working. New Maverick 88 got a good run through with it and as always a little goes a long way. In two years I will be back to let you all know how that first application is doing on this new test piece that will see nothing but silverbullet.
  8. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

About two years ago, I bought a new STI Spartan 1911 in 9mm. I took the pistol out of the box, tore it down and cleaned out all the factory grease.
    Then lubed the pistol with Silver Bullet Gun Oil and put it back together.

I would shoot the pistol, wipe down the outside and put it back in the safe. About every 2,000 rounds, I'd run a BoreSnake through the barrel. I finally had my first malfunction with the pistol at almost 9,000 rounds.
    Yes, you read it right. 9,000 rounds before the first malfunction. A simple FTE. I guess the extractor finally got gummed up. It sure took a while.

Now before I would shoot the Spartan, I'd always look it over good but never tear it down. I'd always retract the slide and look at the SBGO shining in the slide ways. It was always there until the last day I shot it.

That was a tough test for a brand new, just out of the box 1911. Only oiled one time before firing then no more.

Well, it's time to clean so I removed the slide and ran my fingers over the slide rails. The slide wasn't dry !! There was still a hint of oil. I haven't stripped the internals out of the frame yet but nothing looked dry. I'm almost tempted to clean the extractor channel and shoot it some more.
    But I won't.

As stated before, this is the best oil on the planet. It stays where you put it and a little goes a long way. I recommend Silver Bullet Gun Oil if you like to take care of your weapons. There's nothing like it anywhere.

MidniteRider, you have developed the best weapons oil that I've ever used and I've used it all. Thank you. :)
  9. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I just checked my chicom M37 copy the otherday shooter45, internal lube is still there. Its unreal. I lubed it up in late 2010, late october or early November.

Only gun I own that I do not realy use it on is the P22. That gun loves frog lube. I also fired a chit ton of corrosive 1895 Nagant ammo last october and never cleaned the bore, just put some silver bullet down the bore. Checked yesterday, stored in the full flap holster, no rust at all.

I will keep on testing it but as of right now it is the best lube and protecting oil I have used ever. The stuff is unreal.
  10. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

OK, so I have to say a little something about this oil. A while back I bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag old model 3 screw. It has a full action job and is sweet. I pulled the gun down and reassembled it with a nice thin film of the oil on the contact points internal parts. The gun cocks even nicer and is as smooth as butter. I then took my Vaquero 45 Colt down and did the same thing. The action on my Vaquero has always been top notch but when I put the SMGO on the internals it made a huge difference. The best part is this: I have not pulled the .44 down since I used the oil but I did pull the Vaquero down and the internals were nice and slick. I don't over oil my guns but the thin film that I had put on was still there and it was clean. This oil is good stuff.
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I have been experimenting with a 50/50 mixture of SBGO and Frog Lube. Really no huge difference in performance, might stay put a little better, not that it had an issue with that before, but it does smell a lot better with the Frog in it.
  12. Swifty Morgan

Swifty Morgan Active Member Supporting Member

I've been using SBGO for about a year now and I like it. I've had no problems.
  13. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member