Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boris, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Re: Silver Bullet Gun Oil

Gdmoody, if it is a leather holster, dont use any oils or anything like that. Try putting your pistol in a sandwich bag or some other plastic sack and holstering it. Leave it overnight. This should stretch the leather just enough to allow for easier holstering.
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Re: Silver Bullet Gun Oil

One drop on a shaving brush is all you need for a through oiling. Just remember to wipe off the excess. It sure stays put even after over 800 rounds thru my STI Spartan.
  3. Shooter45

I'll giveaway another bottle soon. :)
  4. Country101

Country101 Active Member

5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I bought a 6 pack shortly after Sam sent me a bottle a few months ago. I bought 3 bottles of the regular and 3 of the HW.

I ended up mixing the 2 together into a quart size machine oil bottle after first testing a small amount mixed in an epoxy mixing cup. It works the very same as normal SBGO but is a tad thicker and stays even better. I clean my rifles and pistols as nromal with the bore solvents and wiping and picking with Q tips, then I use 1 patch with SBGO run back and forth thru the bore to deposit an even thin film, then i use that same patch to wipe the entire weapon down. And follow with a dry shop towel. Since using SBGO, weapon cleanup takes about half the time as before when i was using Mpro7. Fouling doesnt stick to treated surfaces, including the bore interior. When I shoot my custom SavageCBI .308 I run 2 boreshine soaked patches thru the bore and its spotless, then dry it and relube with an SBGO patch.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!
  6. langenc

langenc Member

Sounds like the stuff can be tricky to mix.

Hold the bottle upside down when shaking, that always helps to mix andthing. The BBs would also help, considerable.
  7. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

The bottle Sam so graciously sent me [along with a
    nice TFF cloth] last winter(?) already had a ball bearing in
    the bottle, ready to go. Absolutely NO problem getting it
    to mix fast.
    Today I finally found time to 'strip' my new un-fired GSG 1911
    and clean the factory white lithium grease out of her. Since
    MamaOzo 'confiscated' this gun from me for her new range toy,
    it has been living on her desk in front of her, chompin' at the bit
    and beggin' to take a trip to the range. It has been getting a
    lot of action and attention by her [no dry firing] and the slide has
    cycled 100s of times. After cleaning and lubing with SBGO it is
    a completely different action.......swift and smooth. :cool::cool::cool:
    BUT.....
    in the process, as I would go out on the back porch
    and smoke, the latch on my storm door was a little stiff.
    A regular occurrence yearly to spray some [WD40]......but I
    had SBGO on my hands although I wiped them with a
    microfiber towel before I went out. I just 'fondled' the door
    latch with what tiny amount was on my skin, and VOILA !!!!
    the latch came back to life. Even where a 6" area of the jamb
    was barely rubbing the door, I kept fondling it with my 'bare'
    hands.......GREAT STUFF.....even for 'bare-handed fondling'
    around the house.
    It is now on every gun I own, as a lube, and a storage
    preserver.
    Thank you Sam for the initial bottle. Aside from what Donny
    told me about you, you're alright. [and thank you Jack]

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      53.4 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      61 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      49.9 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      54.1 KB
      Views:
  8. Shooter45

The idea of the ball bearing came from Boris. After I had shipped a few bottles of the 1st case that Jack sent, I started adding a couple of small nuts to each bottle. The mixing problem went away. The next case all had the ball bearing added.

This is the best gun lube to hit the market. Even full auto weapons run a LONG time before needing a re lube. That says a lot about the staying power of SBGO. Those weapons build a lot of heat.

We tried it on a 1918 Browning and fired until the barrel started to glow and after it cooled, the SBGO was still there. :) Same with an M-16 and an Uzi.
    Good stuff.
  9. Midnite Rider

Midnite Rider New Member

Thanx for this particular run Sam,I've done my best to make the best for those in harms way,KNOWING that SBGO does what I intended,which is STOP our weapons from burning off the lube,overheating and causing our Courageous Warriors fighting the Monster called Islam to be left with JAMMED weapons makes me a very happy camper.
    The Heavy weapons formula I specifically designed for the SEAL teams,who NEED more than just "some" gunoil.They use their weaponry in xtremes and lots of water,thats why SBGO sheds water so well.The HW has more of several of the additives I use in the regular SBGO and one xtry one that really helps shed water as some here have mentioned. I tested the formulas at the home I was living at on Norfolk right next to the beach,Mix some up,put it on some tool steel and chuck it into the Chesapeake bay and retrieve it at a later date and analyze results.BTW,the SEALS WERE using SBGO when they wacked that POS bin hiding.
    I wonder how big a pile of coal allahs hell has for him to shovel.
    "and when you're done with this million pounds,theres 10 MORE till coffee break"
    HAHAHAHAHAHA,I worked on the hoisting equipment when the WTC buildings were going up.The last place I stood on them was almost XACTLY where the first jet went in.
    SBGO is my personal payback to bin hiding,and his crew of islamomutts for the cowardly murder of those in the WTC buildings and those who selflessly gave all to save as many as they could.
    In one day we witnessed the absolute WORST that our species has to offer and the absolute BEST I have felt from the first that Specops was how the bin hiding problem should have been approached,but then again,who am I to second guess.
    I will be sending Admin some more bottles of SBGO for giveaways here,and here ONLY.
    Please continue to torture SBGO as much as you can and post your results,I am ALWAYS looking to upgrade SBGO,although I have been told by good authority "I don't think it can get any better"I look at SBGO as being similar to building a hi-performance engine,the first 500 horses come EZ,it's the 50 more that are tough to get.
    SEMPER FI

10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

and a top job you have done !!
  11. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

[​IMG]
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Hell yeah!

Attached Files:

14. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Alright! Glad to hear he was killed with some SBGO. I thought he looked fairly well lubed, but I just thought they caught him watching his goat movies! :D
  15. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Midnite Rider
    So good to see you here.......:cool:

Please allow me to say:

THANK YOU

and

Attached Files: