Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boris, Nov 6, 2010.

1. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Shooter and Jack, I got my bottle of SBGO today and cant wait to try it out. Many thanks to you both for sharing this oil with me and the other forum members that got to try it out. I will have to go shooting this weekend so's I can get a bunch of guns dirty. Hey Jack, what does the araberical writing say on the decals? Those are pretty cool. One is going on my Tundra.:D
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

TGC re arabic writing , i aint sure .. they went straight from the Boss of SBGO USA to you folks , I know what the arabic on mine say ;) if you can post a pic i can read it for you

he has a few "sayings" so far that i've seen
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

After 10 days of the cut off shotgun barrel with four oils on it, the Rem-Oil actually done well. There is still a thin protective (film) on the barrel and (nothing) got through to the barrel. The Hoppe's Elite didnt fare as well, it's basically worn off with a bit or residue left on the barrel. The Break Free CLP is still good to go! Almost as if it had just been put on the barrel. The Silver Bullet Gun Oil
    is still on and looks about the same as the CLP.
    When I applied all four oils on the barrel I put it on thick and didnt wipe any excess off. From what I can tell and would say, the SBGO and the CLP are running neck to neck. The Hoppe's Elite was a no-go against the others. The Rem-oil actually done well, better then I thought it would.
    But this barrel was left out on a deck for 10 days and not touched. We didnt have much rain till the past few days, and frost most every night and the barrel was placed to where it could catch the brunt of the weather.
    So with this said, one can make his own conclusions I suppose. It may have been better to go out from time to time and finger-print up the barrel and seen how that took with all four.....(from the test and conditions from what I done...HOPPE'S ELITE SUCKS big time!!! :D)
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

This sounds like a great product and one I will definately try out, but I've got one question. According to the instructions you use this on the bore. From my very earliest firearms instruction up through the military, I've always been taught that while you can use a few drops of oil on a patch through the bore if you are storing a gun for a time, to ALWAYS remove any trace of oil before firing. Is that no longer true? I've wondered about this before when I've heard people say they always run an oily patch through the bore when cleaning their guns.
  5. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

The last step when cleaning is run an oiled patch down the barrel to keep rust away. Then, BEFORE you shoot again, run a dry patch or two down the barrel to remove the oil. :)
  6. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Thats what I do.....
  7. Shooter45

I just remembered I haven't given a bottle of Silver Bullet Gun Oil away this week. The next member to post and PM me their contact info gets it. :)
  8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Dang!

8 minutes ain't fast enough.:(:eek::rolleyes:
  9. Shooter45

It was fast enough to win. PM me your contact info.
  10. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Bobitis, if you do not add some BBs to help the mixing, then you will need to shake it a long time. Once it is all mixed and you put it on look out! This stuff is awesome!!

IT stays like a grease but lubes like an oil and protects metal like nothing I have ever seen. A little goes a loooong way. This bottle will last me a long time
  11. Shooter45

I put a couple of drops on a shaving brush to coat my rifles and pistols. And yes, a little goes a long way.
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'm the shaving brush type myself but yeah BB's started going in the mix day before yesterday here .. ( it's a .30 cal ss ball in case you run short )
  13. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I took my chicom M37 12 gauge copy out in the rain last week and took it all apart to let it dry out. Even though I had been handling the gun with bare hands in the rain all I had to do was wipe it down with a clean rag after it dried up. There is still oil on the surface, enough that I did not have put more on. It sticks and it keeps on working even after you give it a work out. I imagine a good parkerized finish will hold this oil forever and a day if it works on plain blued steel that good.......
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

sweet, now yall got me wantin some...
  15. TheGunClinger

Any particular kind of BB's? I have some copper plated steel bb's but no stainless.
    I havnt used it yet on any guns but I did apply some SBGO to the ram on my Lee Pro 1000. I let go of the handle and it just drops down like magic. Tomorrow I will try it out on my 1911's.
  16. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I just put 5 or 6 of the zinc plated BBs for my sons BB gun in the bottle. It takes a bit before I hear them rattling around in there, but it mixes it up real good.

I put it on all the internal parts on my chicom Ithaca M37 and when I press the disconnector the slide falls all the way down.

Amazing product!!
  17. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i got stainless as a joke really so not to screw up the USDA approval ;)

its food grade stainless ( maybe funny just to me too) oh well

glad you all like it as much as I do
  18. TheGunClinger

Smile Jack! You're on candid camera. Heres two different stickers with the same writing.

Attached Files:

19. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Like Boris was saying about haveing a gun out in the rain, it works well. I had my rifle out in the down pouring rain the other day and it got a good soaking (SBGO first, then rain):D, came in and let it dry off a bit and wiped it down and it still had a "film", coat of the sbgo oil still left on it. It just stays on there! It is some good stuff.
  20. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Got it today Shooter.

Question to all the owners...

I don't have any bb's/shot/bearings, etc.
    Hat else do you thiink I could use? I could pull the lead on some .22s or would a few small screws work?

Thanks Sam, I'll play with it over the weekend and report back.:D