The Firearms Forum banner

Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

115K views 293 replies 59 participants last post by  polishshooter 
#1 ·
First off I want to thank Shooter45 and jack404. This review would not be possible without them two.

I got the bottle a few days ago. First thing I noticed was it is more thick than the other oils I use. I broke down a few guns and cleaned them real good. I got a few Qtips and lubed the rails on the XD9 and the where the rails ride in the slide. First thing I noticed was it sticks and a very little bit will go a looooong way. Not much is needed to make a gun slick. At first the what I thought to be a gimic of the pig fat, seems to make the oil stick like no other. When I cooked bacon this morning and after the fat got cold it sticks to anything, even the teflon coated pan. I tell ya what folks, the pigfat makes the whatever is in the rest of that bottle stick! I put a light coat on the outside of the barrel of the XD9 where you get them rings of wear on the barrel. I shot it a bunch and got the gun hot. After it cooled down there was still a slick coating like I just put it on. The Walther P22 was where this oil came into its own. That gun requires a good lube to run. Even after a bunch of shooting and the wife dropping the locked back slide pistol into the dirt, the gun just kept on running no matterhow dirty the oil got. I have fired over 10,000 rounds through that gun and this is the best lube I used on it, PERIOD! Infact the gun still feels so slick I did not clean it. I want to see how much it will go before I need to clean that dirty little needs lube to run right pistol stops..

I even treated the bores and it seems to do no harm. Them pumkins will never make it to paradise now lol...

I even put a few drops down the barrel of my boys BB gun and put one of the warning stickers on the stock for him..

All in all it was a good day with the wife and boy shooting pumkins. We went on a hike in the rainforest up here in the pacNW after the shooting and it was nice.

Folks, you might think this stuff is a gimick. It is NOT! I have tested alot of lubes and the only thing I do not like about it is that if you want it on parts deep inside it will not spider down to them. You will need to take the gun apart and lube the part. When you do it will be lubed for a long time. It sticks and it lasts. My XD9 is more smooth than it ever was. My chicom Ithaca M37 also runs alot more slick with it. I never lube the G37 so I will never know what it could do for that. The best was the P22. I will never use another lube on that gun again. It IS that good.

Another thing I did was add some BBs to the bottle. The stuff needs a good shake and the BBs help mix it up faster and better.

The other 87% of the bottles contents is one hell of a weapons lube. The pigfat makes it stick. On top of that, it will go with me the next time I go to work in far off places. It will be in my rifles bore. I just wish I had it the last 2 times I was there. All my HD weapons right now are treated with it, better not be terrorist Muslim when I am home or out on the streets. I got my Force multiplier now........

I will get pics up later, wife has the camera and is out with the girls right now doing girl stuff... yuck.....

http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net/

See less See more
#52 ·
Boris, may want to wipe it down before you do , one thing i noticed here this winter, oiled and wiped down the flinter and when the weather got hot again it seemed a lot more oil on it than i left , did so with the witness too , so tryed it again ( fully oil free a light wipe down and placed in warm place , seems it do get thinner with heat not a lot but enough to notice the excess ..
I will watch it. I have noticed other high quality oils do the same thing. I used to use Otis 085, another very good lubricant. It would do the same thing. When my gun heated up I would notice it got more 'wet'. The Otis is designed to absorb into the microscopic pores and come out when it heats up.

Thats why from now on I will only apply a tiny bit. I know as soon as there is some friction, it will release just enough to keep the gun lubed.

I welcome that trait. I still have too much on the XD (but it aint runing all over the place, its sticking very well right where I put it), but I am waiting a while longer to see how well it does even dirtier. I got a few hunting trips planned in the next couple weeks. Full reports will be given for sure jack404.........

#53 ·
Bob, try a small section of a wire coathanger to stir. Then wipe the coat hanger on a soft cloth and wipe down the weapon. No waste. :)

I am also very impressed with this product. I put some nuts and bolts in a bucket of water for a couple of days. Took them out, guess what. No rust. Now I know it wasn't a long test but the oil remaining on the nuts and bolts says something for the effectiveness of the product.
It takes a lot of shaking to mix properly, BUT, it protects my expensive weapons so it's worth it.
Good enough/time test Shooter, that "stuff" does protect for sure! Did the nuts and bolts still have the "film" still on them?
It's some good stuff it is.

#57 ·
Got my bottle Saturday. Haven't used it, yet. Busy working and other projects. First chance I get, though... I know seven guns that could use another cleaning.
A strange thought just came to mind. Wonder if it will work in my pellet gun.

#59 ·
Well, since I recieved the bottle that you sent me (which I'm most grateful), Ive put it on ALL my firearms. Ive been telling everyone that happens along that they need to get this GUNOIL. Even been telling people I encounter at gun shops that happen to be inquiring about the topic of cleaning "guns" and such. Call my "nuts", Ive been called worse, but if people bring the subject up on gun oil, I dont hesitate to spread what I KNOW may very well be the BEST Gun Oil on the market as I'm most certain it is to the best of my knowledge, and from what I have had the experiance with it thus far. Now, I'm down to about 1/8th of the 4oz. bottle. Ive only had the bottle for (about) a month, and have I used all of about 1/8th of the bottle? Nope...seems since all my friends and family that come over to shoot and have firearms worked on, out comes the SBGO! Everyone that Ive told about it...well let's just say, Ive steered some customers to the SBGO web site. (thinking they could just hire me to be a spokesman for their product) lol My Bro-in-law came by this past week and brought several of his pistols/rifles down and we gave them a good cleaning and then the SBGO. I "hinted" to him as to where a person can purchase this oil...called him last night and asked if he had gotten any...yep he said, 3 bottles! That should last him for a spell! So, I'm down to (about a bit in the bottom of the bottle) and was just thinking yesterday that I'd go ahead and order at least one bottle if not two, just depends on how deep my pocket feels when I log on to their site.(a little side note here) I bought (2) 12ga. Coach Guns a week or so ago, one for my nephew and thought I'd keep one. The one Ive decided to keep is a bit stiff and needs to be fired, so ive been in the rain/snow/sleet shooting the heck out of this SxS. Ive only coated it once with the sbgo and it still is in great shape (ive been abusing this weapon) lol Anywho...I'm down to almost emty and need a fill up! Now, wheather this gets me another bottle or not, not sure and not really all that concerned, (would be nice though) gotta get me some more! This is more of a "testimonial" as to how I feel about Silver Bullet Gun Oil...nuff said!

#60 · (Edited)
I dont need another botle yet, but I still have the same coat on my chicom YL12-1J4 (ithaca M37 copy) that is all steel. It has been snowed on in mid 20s weather the past few days out after pheasants. On my trip across country I stopped for a minute where it was -23F and it worked fine for that short spell very cold test. It was slightly rained on in MIs last day of the deer season here. I have yet to put another coat on it and she will be back in sub freezing temps tomorrow after some birds. Even the Red Ryder I lubed up with it runs fine in mid 20s weather.

The stuff is awesome. Rains in the pacNW, severe cold, then rain and snow. Not in a range setting either. Hunting with a weapon will put more of a test on an oil than a range visit will, I learned that a good minute ago..

I will test it on a brand new AR my brother just got. I will be back tomorrow night to let y'all know how it works. Even though I can give it a good guess........

I really expected a gimick in a bottle when I got it. I never expected the best damn oil I ever used. Someone needs to tell Shooter45 some more stories. I need a few good reads......

#61 ·
I ordered both a bottle of the reg wt plus the heavy wt the day before yesterday. Am anxious to see how it works.

#62 ·
I am interested in the Heavy weight too. I might order a bottle when I order a regular bottle.

Well today it was in the mid 20s and spittin snow. I shot alot ot shotgunshells just because I could and the oil is still doing good on the outside of the shotgun.

After I put the Mcfarland gas ring on my brothers M4 I lubed it up with some SBGO. I also lubed the buffer tube with it and that gun is slick as snot now. It is the first AR platform I have used it on and the oil held up well in the cold, even after we heated it up. The oil is holding so good he told me he is just going to leave it on there until the bottles he orders come in so he can clean and relube it with fresh oil.

Never had a problem and the gun is tight, but real slick right now. Them Bushmaster M4 clones are pretty good. I did a mechanical zero and all I had to do to zero it was more the front sight up one click and the rear sight one click left and it was dead on. Great gun and it will be lubed with the best lube I have seen. Great combo....

#63 · (Edited)
if any of you are familiar with the new ,50 cal MG and the M249 SAW you'll know both do not like sustained fire, howvere i have a report from 2 Cav ( 2nd Cavalry regiment )

about a 3500+ round sustained fire shoot using the heavy weapons version of the oil

no-one had got 600 round bursts before without stoppages but the SBGO HW version allowed the operation to stay clean and unblocked with carbon as what usually happens with the new .50 cals

the M249 did likewise and was a 10 minute clean up instead of the half hour a sustained fire usually creates

both those reports are going to the defence force materials office at QMHQ ( quartermasters supply headquarters )

yes it is slightly thicker and not suggested for regular weapons as there is a increased ammount of lithium grease and molybdenum grease in it

Boris when a mate in the US showed me i bought a bottle on spec for "novelty" reasons.. i too became a convert and bought cases of the stuff , i am now pushing the Army here to carry it for no other reason that its the best dang stuff since "Ed's Red" a home brew concoction i really like

i'm picky but it is really nice to have a world class product on your hands and to know no matter what folks try it for it'll out do every other brand out there regardless of how much more you pay ..

#64 ·
I am still pretty new to this forum, so I was not familiar with this product until now. If it is as good as you say I need to get some. My shotgun has a spot of surface rust trying to pop up....I am hoping this silver bullet gun oil will help me get it under control.

#65 ·
here's a tip try it on your chain saw's we have some really sappy tree's here , the sap the koori folks made glue from its that bad , SBGO stops it from sticking so stops the build up we have to clean regularly when using chain saws.. only learned that this morning !!!

dunno if it would help with regular type wood , but it sure do stop gum build up

#66 ·
Here's what I wonder about...I'm not quite sure if the use against muslim terrorists is legitimate or if it's kind of a gimmick but, as I said before I have always cleaned any traces of oil from the bore before shooting. If in fact someone used a very light coat of oil on the bore, how much would be left to transfer to bullets round after round?

#67 ·
Ok heres the force multiplier explained ,

pork and other Harum ( unclean) things prevent beleivers from entering heaven

how much ? In Mohammed's own words " the small part you can think of "

i think a quark is pretty small but so is a atom ,

just one particle of oil will do the job , by their own beleif's

so let it be known , no reward, no paradise only Iblis ( the guy to leads you to hell in Islamic legend) and no 72 virgins ..

just hell

heck if it scares one nutcase jihadi kid from doing a suicide run at our folks its worth every damn cent it costs me , just under 2 cases in battle now , 20,000 decals and leaflets distributed along patrols paths , and resistance is quieter , why i dont know , it is just down , i'd like to think they got the idea.. why neck yourself for no reward ??

but maybe its the prayers kicking in ,

but thats the idea..

you make your weapon and ammo "unclean" in a spiritual way to them, that they believe will prevent them from becoming a martyr no matter what they do , they have died in a unclean state.. and islam has only one way for that , HELL..

#68 · (Edited)
I forget the book of Martyrs proper name , its a type of flower ..

to become a martyr is serious thing , so before any battle or attacks they clean themselves say specific prayers , and ready themselves.. this must all be done to be officially a martyr by the council of martyrs for each branch of Islam

its not a spontainious thing .. unlike what they wish to you to think .. look at atta and how he and his click of demons prepared , it was all documented , bin ladens instructions to atta are very telling of all this , we have these and they are online in a few places ..

SBGO screws all that up

i sent a almost empty bottle to a jihadi here and he took off to Malaysia the next flight!!!!

its works!!! ;)

it scares them the idea is appalling to their mind , seriously so ..

and it comply's with one of "jack's rules of warfare" , teach your enemy to fear you

#69 ·
Gotcha. Advertising the product to the enemy makes a lot of sense.

#71 ·
and in English...

Greeting's

We bring notice to all that a new weapon is being used against the
enemy Taliban forces in this area, This new weapon is a poison on the
bullets of the Coalition forces in this area, This poison is made from
pig.

This poison makes the person shot with the bullet unclean in death
The coalition troops will only shoot to defend themselves and others.
Any who attack the coalition troops may be sent to hell.

Do not allow this fate to your countrymen, advise them of this fact.
Warn them of this risk to Paradise.

Peace be upon you

#74 ·
Got my shipment yesterday....very fast delivery. I must say they are nice people to deal with. When placing my order I posted a suggestion to their comments section and received a personal reply from midniterider within an hour.

:DHave to add a disclaimer here as i used to use the screenname midnightrider on this forum. Unfortunately I'm not the midniterider whose sig is on the site. I assume it is his formulation...I wish I had created it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.