The Firearms Forum banner

Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

115K views 293 replies 59 participants last post by  polishshooter 
#1 ·
First off I want to thank Shooter45 and jack404. This review would not be possible without them two.

I got the bottle a few days ago. First thing I noticed was it is more thick than the other oils I use. I broke down a few guns and cleaned them real good. I got a few Qtips and lubed the rails on the XD9 and the where the rails ride in the slide. First thing I noticed was it sticks and a very little bit will go a looooong way. Not much is needed to make a gun slick. At first the what I thought to be a gimic of the pig fat, seems to make the oil stick like no other. When I cooked bacon this morning and after the fat got cold it sticks to anything, even the teflon coated pan. I tell ya what folks, the pigfat makes the whatever is in the rest of that bottle stick! I put a light coat on the outside of the barrel of the XD9 where you get them rings of wear on the barrel. I shot it a bunch and got the gun hot. After it cooled down there was still a slick coating like I just put it on. The Walther P22 was where this oil came into its own. That gun requires a good lube to run. Even after a bunch of shooting and the wife dropping the locked back slide pistol into the dirt, the gun just kept on running no matterhow dirty the oil got. I have fired over 10,000 rounds through that gun and this is the best lube I used on it, PERIOD! Infact the gun still feels so slick I did not clean it. I want to see how much it will go before I need to clean that dirty little needs lube to run right pistol stops..

I even treated the bores and it seems to do no harm. Them pumkins will never make it to paradise now lol...

I even put a few drops down the barrel of my boys BB gun and put one of the warning stickers on the stock for him..

All in all it was a good day with the wife and boy shooting pumkins. We went on a hike in the rainforest up here in the pacNW after the shooting and it was nice.

Folks, you might think this stuff is a gimick. It is NOT! I have tested alot of lubes and the only thing I do not like about it is that if you want it on parts deep inside it will not spider down to them. You will need to take the gun apart and lube the part. When you do it will be lubed for a long time. It sticks and it lasts. My XD9 is more smooth than it ever was. My chicom Ithaca M37 also runs alot more slick with it. I never lube the G37 so I will never know what it could do for that. The best was the P22. I will never use another lube on that gun again. It IS that good.

Another thing I did was add some BBs to the bottle. The stuff needs a good shake and the BBs help mix it up faster and better.

The other 87% of the bottles contents is one hell of a weapons lube. The pigfat makes it stick. On top of that, it will go with me the next time I go to work in far off places. It will be in my rifles bore. I just wish I had it the last 2 times I was there. All my HD weapons right now are treated with it, better not be terrorist Muslim when I am home or out on the streets. I got my Force multiplier now........

I will get pics up later, wife has the camera and is out with the girls right now doing girl stuff... yuck.....

http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net/

See less See more
#77 ·
...here's another bit to add...
Over the past 3 days I have been trying to "brush" up on my handgun shooting. So, got the single six out and the H&R plus a semi-auto and a bolt .22 rifle. I changed two scope on the rifles, so the needed dialed in and fired numerious rounds through both rifles.
But between the two revolvers, Ive put over 600 rounds of different types of ammo, including winchester xpert hv. When I 1st got the SBGO, I cleaned most of my guns and put the sbgo on them. Well, after all the fire power been sent out, cleaned them down this evening. The two revolvers came clean real easy! All the powder/residue basically wiped right off with ease. And after cleaning with solvent, they still had a "film" of the sbgo on them. When I first put it on them, I lightly put in in the barrels and cylinder chambers. Came right out and was the easiest cleaning Ive ever done!
This oil is the best of the best and anyone who owns a firearm needs the Silver Bullet Gun Oil....cant say enough about it...It is the best there is, or the best Ive ever used or will ever use again! Its awesome...cant say enough about it!! Man..nuff said, I reckon...:)

#78 ·
SBGO tests 1 and 2 complete. #1 was a thorough cleaning and SBGO-ing of my reloading press. Very happy with the results. I also cleaned and applied it to all of my collet dies, again super satisfied. My equipment seems to glide on a glass surface with absolutely no drag whatsoever, the collet dies seem to have 'cushion' now where the Mpro7 did not seem to provide any, I believe SBGO may be the cure for the galling of Lee collet dies, their 1 and only fault IMO.

Test #2 was a thorough cleaning and application to my ruger mini 14 ranch rifle. I very thoroughly stripped the entire rifle down for meticulous cleaning and degreasing, SBGO was applied everywhere metal rubbed together, including the trigger assembly pins and sear/disconnector surfaces. The barrel was cleaned to benchrest specs and SBGO applied to the bore. Then to the range where I proceeded to run 200 rounds thru it at random speeds. Needless to say I got er plenty hot and dirty in a very short amount of time. I was very surprised to find the SBGO did not displace or cook-off, the bore even seemed to retain a film, and clean-up took 3 patches soaked with SBGO, I could barely see copper streaking. The rest of the rifle took a wipedown with a grease rag and a touch more SBGO where it looked like it needed it... Point is, a clean up that would have normally taken me at least 30 minutes took 10 if that. At this point i am very impressed with this product, however, I have several more tests to put it through that involve all types of weapons and ammo... I suspect my expectations will be exceeded based on the preliminary results...

#80 ·
Its been pretty cold here in Texas the past few days (30s) and its been fine.

#81 ·
Has anybody tested this stuff in cold weather?

Just wondering how it would do in a late elk hunt.

os
Not really cold, but I fired a few guns today when it was 20F.

P32, XD9 with original application on it still from the day I got the oil and a M4 that has had the original coat on it a month.

All weapons functioned perfect.......

#85 ·
I got my silver bullet yesterday! Havent used it yet but I will later today. Thanks so much!

#87 ·
Hey, I was shaking my new gun oil and decided to drop in a few BBs to help. That didnt really do the trick so I just got a 40 cal jacketed bullet and dropped it in and its perfect. Good to go!!

#88 ·
but not in the bottle you have.
Ok, I am now curious. Why not use the original bottle for shaking with pellet added? What have you found makes a good substitute bottle?

I haven't used my SBGO as I have been dowm and out for a few weeks but as soon as I am back to normal I have planned to use it on all the guns. I have been following all the test info anxiously.

Congrats Double D

#89 ·
What shooter was saying is the bottle I have doesnt contain the steel ball to mix with and the new ones he is getting does. I just added my own...

#91 ·
Dont be so hard on yourself. The way he said it wasnt clear.

#92 ·
I just cleaned 6 guns that I shot last Fri. When I got home from the range I just wiped them down with a rag that I put a bunch of SBGO on. Everything wiped off real easy. Today I stripped them down and was amazed at how little cleaning they needed. Three 1911's and a Super Blackhawk .44, a Desert Eagle .50 A&E and my Henry .44 lever gun. On the 1911's I cleaned the barrels and just wiped off the rest. I hardly had to use the Hoppes except in the barrels and chamber areas. The desert eagle wasnt really dirty even after firing 50 rounds. Just clean the barrel and bolt and wipe the rest. The slides on all of them were still well lubed and glide like ice. Pretty cool stuff. Makes everything slick and smooth. Its so slick that the silver paint on the bottle cap also just wipes off.:eek:
I tried to see if it would work as a case lube and applied it to a .50a&e case but no dice. It started to get stuck so I quit that idea. Works really good on my presses though. Just wipe the ram and it makes it much smoother. I stole Double D's idea about the .40 bullet but I added a Golden Sabre .38 to the BB's and it does indeed mix faster. Some good stuff!

#93 ·
I have but 1 qualm with the SBGO as it comes thus far... The painted bottles. That silver paint on the lid flecks off on my patches and i dont notice it and I think theres leading in my barrel. I had a couple empty Mpro7 bottles in the trashcan that I cleaned out and put the SBGO in them, waaaay better;)

#94 ·
im skeptical. sounds like a miracle lube. i'd be interested to see how she does compared to the 3 in 1 i normally use

#95 ·
Have been working with it for nearly a month now, I believe it is indeed a miracle wonder lube john, it flat outperforms everything else i have tried. Rem oil and butches bore shine are the only other gun care products on my desk that remain unchallenged...

#96 ·
I don't have anything against the common muslim but the jihadists, yeah, send them straight to hell, reguardless of what the upper brass sees as "inhumane". Hell the more terror you can cause the less people you have to kill, and the less on your own side get killed.

So cudos to whoever came up with this stuff.

#97 ·
Anyone try it on nickel yet?
I spotted some on my .357 nickel finish and totally but gently wiped all the residue off and it left a REAL good "film" on it! It seemed to keep the finger prints off and it didnt/dont smug...just left a good protectant on it....any thoughts?

#98 ·
I have it smeared on my new mancannon, or fatgun as wesley calls it:D

My order came in today, its boolit lube time! i have the waxes melting together in the oven as I type...

Great facts about General Black Jack Pershing came with the order, it made me smile.

Attachments

#101 ·
OK guys, I believe I got the mix ratio just right for the new "SBGO BOOLIT BALM" its just about the perfect consistency (just a touch softer than pure cappings grade beeswax)... Something real neat about it, and fitting of its military origins, In its melted state, its a dark OD green and when cool and hard its a light OD green. It smells good and melts rather quickly, this is a 5 lb batch and only takes about 30-45 minutes to completely melt in the oven. Im gonna lube some boolits for testing next chance I get. I think its gonna be a real good lube...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.