Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boris, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Don't mean to hijack anybody's conversation, but, decided not to wait. Just ordered a bottle.
  2. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I probably would have never bought a bottle to be honest. Jack404 and Shooter45 are owed by me big time.

The stuff is worth it. Just make sure you either shake it for a loooong time or add something to it to shake around. Once it is mixed up real good and you use it, the other stuff you have will be retired real fast......
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Mate no thanks needed this way Thank the forum and its bosses for allowing this to happen, and to the memebrs who put it to a decent test ( thats important!!!!) a lot of places would not allow it due to sponsors or "PC ness" etc

I am very happy that other feel the same about the product , yes i sell it , but all i make out of it goes to supplying Aussie troops with the product and a tad on the side for folks who help all our troops ..

so Thanks Again TFF !!
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Bob, try a small section of a wire coathanger to stir. Then wipe the coat hanger on a soft cloth and wipe down the weapon. No waste. :)

I am also very impressed with this product. I put some nuts and bolts in a bucket of water for a couple of days. Took them out, guess what. No rust. Now I know it wasn't a long test but the oil remaining on the nuts and bolts says something for the effectiveness of the product.
    It takes a lot of shaking to mix properly, BUT, it protects my expensive weapons so it's worth it.
  5. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Shooter45

I got the original application still on the XD and it is all right where I put it. Even after 500ish rounds it is doing great. Today I tested it at -23F.

Gun didn't miss a beat. I can wait to do some 100+F tests, but when I do I will let ya know how it does. Might be a good minute before I do though...
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Boris, may want to wipe it down before you do , one thing i noticed here this winter, oiled and wiped down the flinter and when the weather got hot again it seemed a lot more oil on it than i left , did so with the witness too , so tryed it again ( fully oil free a light wipe down and placed in warm place , seems it do get thinner with heat not a lot but enough to notice the excess ..
  7. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I will watch it. I have noticed other high quality oils do the same thing. I used to use Otis 085, another very good lubricant. It would do the same thing. When my gun heated up I would notice it got more 'wet'. The Otis is designed to absorb into the microscopic pores and come out when it heats up.

Thats why from now on I will only apply a tiny bit. I know as soon as there is some friction, it will release just enough to keep the gun lubed.

I welcome that trait. I still have too much on the XD (but it aint runing all over the place, its sticking very well right where I put it), but I am waiting a while longer to see how well it does even dirtier. I got a few hunting trips planned in the next couple weeks. Full reports will be given for sure jack404.........
  8. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Good enough/time test Shooter, that "stuff" does protect for sure! Did the nuts and bolts still have the "film" still on them?
    It's some good stuff it is.
  9. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I'd be interested in seeing the results of tests on muslims. :D:rolleyes:;)
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

They dont allow those sort of pics on the site .... whats your email ?? ;)

or theres some printed versions on telegraph poles near the jihad school if your this way ...
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  11. denny 714

denny 714 Member

O.K. you guys talked me into it....I'm gonna git some.

Denny G.
  12. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Got my bottle Saturday. Haven't used it, yet. Busy working and other projects. First chance I get, though... I know seven guns that could use another cleaning.
    A strange thought just came to mind. Wonder if it will work in my pellet gun.
  13. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I use it in my boys RedRyder BB gun. Should work fine in a pellet gun...
  14. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Well, since I recieved the bottle that you sent me (which I'm most grateful), Ive put it on ALL my firearms. Ive been telling everyone that happens along that they need to get this GUNOIL. Even been telling people I encounter at gun shops that happen to be inquiring about the topic of cleaning "guns" and such. Call my "nuts", Ive been called worse, but if people bring the subject up on gun oil, I dont hesitate to spread what I KNOW may very well be the BEST Gun Oil on the market as I'm most certain it is to the best of my knowledge, and from what I have had the experiance with it thus far. Now, I'm down to about 1/8th of the 4oz. bottle. Ive only had the bottle for (about) a month, and have I used all of about 1/8th of the bottle? Nope...seems since all my friends and family that come over to shoot and have firearms worked on, out comes the SBGO! Everyone that Ive told about it...well let's just say, Ive steered some customers to the SBGO web site. (thinking they could just hire me to be a spokesman for their product) lol My Bro-in-law came by this past week and brought several of his pistols/rifles down and we gave them a good cleaning and then the SBGO. I "hinted" to him as to where a person can purchase this oil...called him last night and asked if he had gotten any...yep he said, 3 bottles! That should last him for a spell! So, I'm down to (about a bit in the bottom of the bottle) and was just thinking yesterday that I'd go ahead and order at least one bottle if not two, just depends on how deep my pocket feels when I log on to their site.(a little side note here) I bought (2) 12ga. Coach Guns a week or so ago, one for my nephew and thought I'd keep one. The one Ive decided to keep is a bit stiff and needs to be fired, so ive been in the rain/snow/sleet shooting the heck out of this SxS. Ive only coated it once with the sbgo and it still is in great shape (ive been abusing this weapon) lol Anywho...I'm down to almost emty and need a fill up! Now, wheather this gets me another bottle or not, not sure and not really all that concerned, (would be nice though) gotta get me some more! This is more of a "testimonial" as to how I feel about Silver Bullet Gun Oil...nuff said!
  15. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I dont need another botle yet, but I still have the same coat on my chicom YL12-1J4 (ithaca M37 copy) that is all steel. It has been snowed on in mid 20s weather the past few days out after pheasants. On my trip across country I stopped for a minute where it was -23F and it worked fine for that short spell very cold test. It was slightly rained on in MIs last day of the deer season here. I have yet to put another coat on it and she will be back in sub freezing temps tomorrow after some birds. Even the Red Ryder I lubed up with it runs fine in mid 20s weather.

The stuff is awesome. Rains in the pacNW, severe cold, then rain and snow. Not in a range setting either. Hunting with a weapon will put more of a test on an oil than a range visit will, I learned that a good minute ago..

I will test it on a brand new AR my brother just got. I will be back tomorrow night to let y'all know how it works. Even though I can give it a good guess........

I really expected a gimick in a bottle when I got it. I never expected the best damn oil I ever used. Someone needs to tell Shooter45 some more stories. I need a few good reads......
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010