The Firearms Forum banner

Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

115K views 293 replies 59 participants last post by  polishshooter 
#1 ·
First off I want to thank Shooter45 and jack404. This review would not be possible without them two.

I got the bottle a few days ago. First thing I noticed was it is more thick than the other oils I use. I broke down a few guns and cleaned them real good. I got a few Qtips and lubed the rails on the XD9 and the where the rails ride in the slide. First thing I noticed was it sticks and a very little bit will go a looooong way. Not much is needed to make a gun slick. At first the what I thought to be a gimic of the pig fat, seems to make the oil stick like no other. When I cooked bacon this morning and after the fat got cold it sticks to anything, even the teflon coated pan. I tell ya what folks, the pigfat makes the whatever is in the rest of that bottle stick! I put a light coat on the outside of the barrel of the XD9 where you get them rings of wear on the barrel. I shot it a bunch and got the gun hot. After it cooled down there was still a slick coating like I just put it on. The Walther P22 was where this oil came into its own. That gun requires a good lube to run. Even after a bunch of shooting and the wife dropping the locked back slide pistol into the dirt, the gun just kept on running no matterhow dirty the oil got. I have fired over 10,000 rounds through that gun and this is the best lube I used on it, PERIOD! Infact the gun still feels so slick I did not clean it. I want to see how much it will go before I need to clean that dirty little needs lube to run right pistol stops..

I even treated the bores and it seems to do no harm. Them pumkins will never make it to paradise now lol...

I even put a few drops down the barrel of my boys BB gun and put one of the warning stickers on the stock for him..

All in all it was a good day with the wife and boy shooting pumkins. We went on a hike in the rainforest up here in the pacNW after the shooting and it was nice.

Folks, you might think this stuff is a gimick. It is NOT! I have tested alot of lubes and the only thing I do not like about it is that if you want it on parts deep inside it will not spider down to them. You will need to take the gun apart and lube the part. When you do it will be lubed for a long time. It sticks and it lasts. My XD9 is more smooth than it ever was. My chicom Ithaca M37 also runs alot more slick with it. I never lube the G37 so I will never know what it could do for that. The best was the P22. I will never use another lube on that gun again. It IS that good.

Another thing I did was add some BBs to the bottle. The stuff needs a good shake and the BBs help mix it up faster and better.

The other 87% of the bottles contents is one hell of a weapons lube. The pigfat makes it stick. On top of that, it will go with me the next time I go to work in far off places. It will be in my rifles bore. I just wish I had it the last 2 times I was there. All my HD weapons right now are treated with it, better not be terrorist Muslim when I am home or out on the streets. I got my Force multiplier now........

I will get pics up later, wife has the camera and is out with the girls right now doing girl stuff... yuck.....

http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net/

See less See more
#107 ·
heck idk... shocked me... makes me paranoid though a little because im all talking about fighting for my gun rights and then theres like... oh you won this pm me your address. but sam shoots straight so no worries

#110 ·
ima put that miracle lube through the paces
If you get a bottle without a bearing in it to help mix it, then put some BBs or something in there to mix it up good. You dont need much either. A little goes a looooong way! I put some on my XD9 in early November and have yet to put more on it. Fired it in several states from 60F down to -23F and never had a problem. The way it looks right now I might only need to lube it every 1000 rounds when I clean the gun or a year, whatever comes first, probably 1000 rounds, gettin' close to that count right now lol..

I covered my gloss blued guns with them and it works great and takes alot to rub or wear it off.

It also works great on AR actions and my Galil AK action loves it too......

#112 ·
Yes it does john, it stays where you put it too. I apply it to the surface of my weapons with a Q-tip and 1 drop on every rubbing surface including the trigger/sear engagement. I love that stuff. I ordered 4 new bottles last week so i could cook up the lube recipe, they came with a 3/8 grade 8 nut as a mixer in the bottle. I put .310 muzzle loader round balls in mine, if I were you id just drop one of those 158 gr boolits I sent you in there. That would make a fine mixer...

#113 ·
i need to get them bullets lubed up and ready to go for my future 357 magnum. got to be an easier way then getting it all over the bullet and having to rub it off the bottom and then the nose

#114 ·
i got my sbgo saturday. i havent tried it out yet. first thing i noticed was that the paint is flaking off the lid.

sounds like it's got something in it but it doesnt sound very big. sam, do you know whats in it?

#115 ·
i got my sbgo saturday. i havent tried it out yet. first thing i noticed was that the paint is flaking off the lid.

sounds like it's got something in it but it doesnt sound very big. sam, do you know whats in it?
You need to give it a good shake. Sounds like he added something to aid in the mix when you shake. If you just shake it 2-3 times it will not fully mix. Without that thing making noise in there it would take forever to get it mixed.

Give it a real good shake and apply. You're gonna love it.....

#116 ·
if it separates in the bottle.... what would keep it from degrading inside a firearm over long periods?

edit, this is johnlives4christ... the wife didnt sign out again.... dagnabit

#118 ·
if it separates in the bottle.... what would keep it from degrading inside a firearm over long periods?

edit, this is johnlives4christ... the wife didnt sign out again.... dagnabit
Almost all lubricants need a good shake. Anything with PTFE in it (Teflon) will always settle to the bottom.

IT wont degrade on the firearm. It just ensures everything gets on the weapon that needs to. It will do no good to apply the lighter contents and leave the heavier parts in the bottle......

#120 ·
I aint got the .308s ready to go yet but the 9 mils are ready to rock, ill be testing them in my new CZ-75 cold war commemorative

Attachments

#123 · (Edited)
it is a very sweet shooter;)
You are killin me. I almost bought a pre B a few weeks ago. The only thing that stopped me was it was beatup and had been fired alot. Seller had it priced almost like a new one and wouldnt budge. Maybe if it sits around longer...

I had a CZ75 compact that was the high gloss blue that was a sweet shooter. I carried the snot out of it and destroyed the perty finish on it and a friend bought it from me. I couldnt stand the daily care needed to stop the rust. It was pretty when I got it. Not so much when I sold it lol...

edit: maybe if I had SBGO to protect it it would have been a different story.

#124 ·
I gotta get some of this sbgo ordered its killin me all i can think of since keeping up with this thread is every time I shoot and clean one of my guns I stop and think (I wonder if that SBGO stuff will make this one function any better and keep the rust off of em in the bad weather:D thats it im gonna order a couple bottles tomarrow and just like a kid with a new toy im gonna be tinkering and putting it on everything that is sticky or squeaky

#125 ·
Time to give away another bottle of SBGO.

WINNER !!!

johnlives4christ !!

Congratulations. Send me a PM with your contact info.
So how do we get in on the drawing to win a bottle of this stuff? Cause i'd like to get a bottle just to slick up my mark III after I polish the bolt.

#126 · (Edited)
I'd be interested in seeing the results of tests on muslims. :D:rolleyes:;)
Lol. Try using a smaller Caliber and dipping the bullets in platypus venom. Approximately the same effect.

also,

He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful
Make of that what you will. as far as I'm concerned they're bound for the same place no matter what oil you use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.