Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boris, Nov 6, 2010.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

OK guys, I believe I got the mix ratio just right for the new "SBGO BOOLIT BALM" its just about the perfect consistency (just a touch softer than pure cappings grade beeswax)... Something real neat about it, and fitting of its military origins, In its melted state, its a dark OD green and when cool and hard its a light OD green. It smells good and melts rather quickly, this is a 5 lb batch and only takes about 30-45 minutes to completely melt in the oven. Im gonna lube some boolits for testing next chance I get. I think its gonna be a real good lube...

Attached Files:

2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Time to give away another bottle of SBGO.

WINNER !!!

johnlives4christ !!

Congratulations. Send me a PM with your contact info.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Go John , that'll be the slickest single six around if not already ..
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Congrats John! I put it on my single six and talk about that six shooter sliding into the holster!;)
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you very much!
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

How do you get on the list to register for a bottle of the SBGO?
  7. johnlives4christ

heck idk... shocked me... makes me paranoid though a little because im all talking about fighting for my gun rights and then theres like... oh you won this pm me your address. but sam shoots straight so no worries
  8. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Way to go John.
  9. johnlives4christ

ima put that miracle lube through the paces
  10. Boris

Boris Former Guest

If you get a bottle without a bearing in it to help mix it, then put some BBs or something in there to mix it up good. You dont need much either. A little goes a looooong way! I put some on my XD9 in early November and have yet to put more on it. Fired it in several states from 60F down to -23F and never had a problem. The way it looks right now I might only need to lube it every 1000 rounds when I clean the gun or a year, whatever comes first, probably 1000 rounds, gettin' close to that count right now lol..

I covered my gloss blued guns with them and it works great and takes alot to rub or wear it off.

It also works great on AR actions and my Galil AK action loves it too......
  11. johnlives4christ

does it leave like an oily film after you wipe off a gun with it?
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yes it does john, it stays where you put it too. I apply it to the surface of my weapons with a Q-tip and 1 drop on every rubbing surface including the trigger/sear engagement. I love that stuff. I ordered 4 new bottles last week so i could cook up the lube recipe, they came with a 3/8 grade 8 nut as a mixer in the bottle. I put .310 muzzle loader round balls in mine, if I were you id just drop one of those 158 gr boolits I sent you in there. That would make a fine mixer...
  13. johnlives4christ

i need to get them bullets lubed up and ready to go for my future 357 magnum. got to be an easier way then getting it all over the bullet and having to rub it off the bottom and then the nose
  14. johnlives4christ

i got my sbgo saturday. i havent tried it out yet. first thing i noticed was that the paint is flaking off the lid.

sounds like it's got something in it but it doesnt sound very big. sam, do you know whats in it?
  15. Boris

Boris Former Guest

You need to give it a good shake. Sounds like he added something to aid in the mix when you shake. If you just shake it 2-3 times it will not fully mix. Without that thing making noise in there it would take forever to get it mixed.

Give it a real good shake and apply. You're gonna love it.....
  16. John'sWife

John'sWife Former Guest

if it separates in the bottle.... what would keep it from degrading inside a firearm over long periods?

edit, this is johnlives4christ... the wife didnt sign out again.... dagnabit
  17. tech16024

tech16024 New Member

dip hollow points in the pan you cooked bacon in
    drain bacon fat through some coffee filters wipe down some 50's- freeze them go pay for gas at a terrorist's station - it'll get dropped in the safe and it'll warm up an waalaaa!!! no veerjeens for heem lol
  18. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Almost all lubricants need a good shake. Anything with PTFE in it (Teflon) will always settle to the bottom.

IT wont degrade on the firearm. It just ensures everything gets on the weapon that needs to. It will do no good to apply the lighter contents and leave the heavier parts in the bottle......
  19. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Finally got to pan lube some boolits with the sbgo boolit balm today, gonna test with some 9mm and some .308s.

Attached Files:

20. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I aint got the .308s ready to go yet but the 9 mils are ready to rock, ill be testing them in my new CZ-75 cold war commemorative

Attached Files: