The Firearms Forum banner

Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

115K views 293 replies 59 participants last post by  polishshooter 
#1 ·
First off I want to thank Shooter45 and jack404. This review would not be possible without them two.

I got the bottle a few days ago. First thing I noticed was it is more thick than the other oils I use. I broke down a few guns and cleaned them real good. I got a few Qtips and lubed the rails on the XD9 and the where the rails ride in the slide. First thing I noticed was it sticks and a very little bit will go a looooong way. Not much is needed to make a gun slick. At first the what I thought to be a gimic of the pig fat, seems to make the oil stick like no other. When I cooked bacon this morning and after the fat got cold it sticks to anything, even the teflon coated pan. I tell ya what folks, the pigfat makes the whatever is in the rest of that bottle stick! I put a light coat on the outside of the barrel of the XD9 where you get them rings of wear on the barrel. I shot it a bunch and got the gun hot. After it cooled down there was still a slick coating like I just put it on. The Walther P22 was where this oil came into its own. That gun requires a good lube to run. Even after a bunch of shooting and the wife dropping the locked back slide pistol into the dirt, the gun just kept on running no matterhow dirty the oil got. I have fired over 10,000 rounds through that gun and this is the best lube I used on it, PERIOD! Infact the gun still feels so slick I did not clean it. I want to see how much it will go before I need to clean that dirty little needs lube to run right pistol stops..

I even treated the bores and it seems to do no harm. Them pumkins will never make it to paradise now lol...

I even put a few drops down the barrel of my boys BB gun and put one of the warning stickers on the stock for him..

All in all it was a good day with the wife and boy shooting pumkins. We went on a hike in the rainforest up here in the pacNW after the shooting and it was nice.

Folks, you might think this stuff is a gimick. It is NOT! I have tested alot of lubes and the only thing I do not like about it is that if you want it on parts deep inside it will not spider down to them. You will need to take the gun apart and lube the part. When you do it will be lubed for a long time. It sticks and it lasts. My XD9 is more smooth than it ever was. My chicom Ithaca M37 also runs alot more slick with it. I never lube the G37 so I will never know what it could do for that. The best was the P22. I will never use another lube on that gun again. It IS that good.

Another thing I did was add some BBs to the bottle. The stuff needs a good shake and the BBs help mix it up faster and better.

The other 87% of the bottles contents is one hell of a weapons lube. The pigfat makes it stick. On top of that, it will go with me the next time I go to work in far off places. It will be in my rifles bore. I just wish I had it the last 2 times I was there. All my HD weapons right now are treated with it, better not be terrorist Muslim when I am home or out on the streets. I got my Force multiplier now........

I will get pics up later, wife has the camera and is out with the girls right now doing girl stuff... yuck.....

http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net/

See less See more
#127 ·
Allah is most merciful because you can perform the silat and beg forgiveness , depending what school of islam you follow in Sharia , however thats assuming you make it to your prayers , no prayers for forgiveness , you die Harum ( unclean) and are unable to enter paradise

like the platypus venom , but hey you wanna milk the SOB ?? before you try look at what kills folks in zoo's here ( staff) ...

#128 ·
You are killin me. I almost bought a pre B a few weeks ago. The only thing that stopped me was it was beatup and had been fired alot. Seller had it priced almost like a new one and wouldnt budge. Maybe if it sits around longer...

I had a CZ75 compact that was the high gloss blue that was a sweet shooter. I carried the snot out of it and destroyed the perty finish on it and a friend bought it from me. I couldnt stand the daily care needed to stop the rust. It was pretty when I got it. Not so much when I sold it lol...

edit: maybe if I had SBGO to protect it it would have been a different story.
Thats the great thing about this one, its polycoated. Pretty much an indestructible paintjob. But the rails and internals are SBGO'd and slide together like glass.

#129 ·
Allah is most merciful because you can perform the silat and beg forgiveness , depending what school of islam you follow in Sharia , however thats assuming you make it to your prayers , no prayers for forgiveness , you die Harum ( unclean) and are unable to enter paradise

like the platypus venom , but hey you wanna milk the SOB ?? before you try look at what kills folks in zoo's here ( staff) ...
Hey Jack, I just thought of something... now that I got SBGO formulated into a cast lead bullet lubricant, even the cowboys can partake in the Islamo-terrorist extermination. ;)

#133 ·
you have alot to learn my friend... I live very close to the center of their action, these guys are highly militant, very well organized, dug in very deep, and just as ruthless as the islamo-terrorists.

#134 ·
aaaanyhoooo........

I got the 9 out and tested the SBGO boolit balm. The load was 120 gr cast bullets lubed with sbgo boolit balm and sized .356 over 3.5 gr titegroup. A good 1000-1100 fps load, accuracy was fantastic and leading was none. so it works well as a bullet lube too.

here are a couple pics of the targets, the first binrotten target is 16 rounds at 25 yds, the second is the next 16 rounds at 25 yds, and the third is the remaining 18 rounds at 25 feet. All shot from my bench, no mechanical rest, just a nice sturdy place to sit...;)

Attachments

#138 ·
Got the .308s put together, 200 gr cast over 24 gr IMR4198, which is about an 1800 fps load. Ill be running them thru the savage 11 I got from my FIL.

Attachments

#139 ·
i finally tried out that gun oil last night. first impressions is good. it smells kinda like used motor oil. which i like. i wiped on good on the barrel of my glock and made a nice film on the slide.. not greasy but you could tell it was there. more info to come.

#140 ·
i finally tried out that gun oil last night. first impressions is good. it smells kinda like used motor oil. which i like. i wiped on good on the barrel of my glock and made a nice film on the slide.. not greasy but you could tell it was there. more info to come.
Glock is probably the worst gun to test it out on IMO. I run mine dry and they dont rust. No need to waste SBGO on one lol.

The XD9 requires lube though and protection. SBGO works real good on that one.

Try it on a hunting gun that will be used for 3 days straight in the rain in the fields and woods. Thats where it really shines.

#141 ·
try it on that well used single six ya got john, part of the bluing is wore off on that one so itll shine there for ya...

#142 ·
i think i have an empty i drop bottle i will put some in so i can put it where i want it

#143 ·
thats what i did, I had a empty Mpro7 bottle that has a amall dropper on the tip. i put it in that... those painted LEE alox bottles it comes in are a bit lacking for me...

G
#144 ·
Results of extreme test #1
These are forged steel couplings that were sanded down to bare metal.
Oil was appiled to all equally, and all were subject to spraying with water and drying out between sprays. Once a day during the week, and twice on weekends. The time frame was 14 days.

H=Hoppes
S=SGBO
C=CLP (Breakfree)
R=Remoil

The multi pics are the worst side and best side.
The singles are all the best side.
Please forgive my camera skills.

Well, that didn't work.
I get this message:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Any ideas? Never had this happen before.:confused:

#146 ·
I got the .308 out and run the cast SBGO boolits thru. same story as the CZ 9mm test, good accuracy and no leading. SBGO makes a good bullet lube for both smokeless rifle and pistol loads with cast bullets.

G
#149 ·
It's clear to me that Hoppes is at the bottom, followed closely by the Remoil. The results from the SBGO and the CLP really make me scratch my head. Why the vast difference on the better side?

I'll perform this one again to get a better feel.

Thanks to JLA for the barrel parts. I've a business partner that will sandblast them for free. That will be the next challenge. Once that one is finished, the couplings will go at it again (after cleaning of course).

3 attempts should give a pretty accurate gauge of the ability to protect in a harsh environment.

Please keep in mind that this test is based on the exposure to the elements only. Those elements being my living room. It in no way reflects the various oils abilities in a mechanical application, or weather extremes.

#150 ·
very informative bob, looking forward to the tests on the ordnance grade steel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.