Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boris, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dont be so hard on yourself. The way he said it wasnt clear.
  2. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just cleaned 6 guns that I shot last Fri. When I got home from the range I just wiped them down with a rag that I put a bunch of SBGO on. Everything wiped off real easy. Today I stripped them down and was amazed at how little cleaning they needed. Three 1911's and a Super Blackhawk .44, a Desert Eagle .50 A&E and my Henry .44 lever gun. On the 1911's I cleaned the barrels and just wiped off the rest. I hardly had to use the Hoppes except in the barrels and chamber areas. The desert eagle wasnt really dirty even after firing 50 rounds. Just clean the barrel and bolt and wipe the rest. The slides on all of them were still well lubed and glide like ice. Pretty cool stuff. Makes everything slick and smooth. Its so slick that the silver paint on the bottle cap also just wipes off.:eek:
    I tried to see if it would work as a case lube and applied it to a .50a&e case but no dice. It started to get stuck so I quit that idea. Works really good on my presses though. Just wipe the ram and it makes it much smoother. I stole Double D's idea about the .40 bullet but I added a Golden Sabre .38 to the BB's and it does indeed mix faster. Some good stuff!
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I have but 1 qualm with the SBGO as it comes thus far... The painted bottles. That silver paint on the lid flecks off on my patches and i dont notice it and I think theres leading in my barrel. I had a couple empty Mpro7 bottles in the trashcan that I cleaned out and put the SBGO in them, waaaay better;)
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

im skeptical. sounds like a miracle lube. i'd be interested to see how she does compared to the 3 in 1 i normally use
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Have been working with it for nearly a month now, I believe it is indeed a miracle wonder lube john, it flat outperforms everything else i have tried. Rem oil and butches bore shine are the only other gun care products on my desk that remain unchallenged...
  6. gendoikari87

gendoikari87 Former Guest

I don't have anything against the common muslim but the jihadists, yeah, send them straight to hell, reguardless of what the upper brass sees as "inhumane". Hell the more terror you can cause the less people you have to kill, and the less on your own side get killed.

So cudos to whoever came up with this stuff.
  7. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Anyone try it on nickel yet?
    I spotted some on my .357 nickel finish and totally but gently wiped all the residue off and it left a REAL good "film" on it! It seemed to keep the finger prints off and it didnt/dont smug...just left a good protectant on it....any thoughts?
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I have it smeared on my new mancannon, or fatgun as wesley calls it:D

My order came in today, its boolit lube time! i have the waxes melting together in the oven as I type...

Great facts about General Black Jack Pershing came with the order, it made me smile.

Attached Files:

• SBGO.jpg
      SBGO.jpg
      File size:
      147.6 KB
      Views:
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Yep we need a few hundred Black Jack Pershing's today more than ever
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I agree. Help right the wrongs on this wretched planet
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

OK guys, I believe I got the mix ratio just right for the new "SBGO BOOLIT BALM" its just about the perfect consistency (just a touch softer than pure cappings grade beeswax)... Something real neat about it, and fitting of its military origins, In its melted state, its a dark OD green and when cool and hard its a light OD green. It smells good and melts rather quickly, this is a 5 lb batch and only takes about 30-45 minutes to completely melt in the oven. Im gonna lube some boolits for testing next chance I get. I think its gonna be a real good lube...

Attached Files:

12. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Time to give away another bottle of SBGO.

WINNER !!!

johnlives4christ !!

Congratulations. Send me a PM with your contact info.
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Go John , that'll be the slickest single six around if not already ..
  14. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Congrats John! I put it on my single six and talk about that six shooter sliding into the holster!;)
  15. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you very much!