The Firearms Forum banner

Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

115K views 293 replies 59 participants last post by  polishshooter 
#1 ·
First off I want to thank Shooter45 and jack404. This review would not be possible without them two.

I got the bottle a few days ago. First thing I noticed was it is more thick than the other oils I use. I broke down a few guns and cleaned them real good. I got a few Qtips and lubed the rails on the XD9 and the where the rails ride in the slide. First thing I noticed was it sticks and a very little bit will go a looooong way. Not much is needed to make a gun slick. At first the what I thought to be a gimic of the pig fat, seems to make the oil stick like no other. When I cooked bacon this morning and after the fat got cold it sticks to anything, even the teflon coated pan. I tell ya what folks, the pigfat makes the whatever is in the rest of that bottle stick! I put a light coat on the outside of the barrel of the XD9 where you get them rings of wear on the barrel. I shot it a bunch and got the gun hot. After it cooled down there was still a slick coating like I just put it on. The Walther P22 was where this oil came into its own. That gun requires a good lube to run. Even after a bunch of shooting and the wife dropping the locked back slide pistol into the dirt, the gun just kept on running no matterhow dirty the oil got. I have fired over 10,000 rounds through that gun and this is the best lube I used on it, PERIOD! Infact the gun still feels so slick I did not clean it. I want to see how much it will go before I need to clean that dirty little needs lube to run right pistol stops..

I even treated the bores and it seems to do no harm. Them pumkins will never make it to paradise now lol...

I even put a few drops down the barrel of my boys BB gun and put one of the warning stickers on the stock for him..

All in all it was a good day with the wife and boy shooting pumkins. We went on a hike in the rainforest up here in the pacNW after the shooting and it was nice.

Folks, you might think this stuff is a gimick. It is NOT! I have tested alot of lubes and the only thing I do not like about it is that if you want it on parts deep inside it will not spider down to them. You will need to take the gun apart and lube the part. When you do it will be lubed for a long time. It sticks and it lasts. My XD9 is more smooth than it ever was. My chicom Ithaca M37 also runs alot more slick with it. I never lube the G37 so I will never know what it could do for that. The best was the P22. I will never use another lube on that gun again. It IS that good.

Another thing I did was add some BBs to the bottle. The stuff needs a good shake and the BBs help mix it up faster and better.

The other 87% of the bottles contents is one hell of a weapons lube. The pigfat makes it stick. On top of that, it will go with me the next time I go to work in far off places. It will be in my rifles bore. I just wish I had it the last 2 times I was there. All my HD weapons right now are treated with it, better not be terrorist Muslim when I am home or out on the streets. I got my Force multiplier now........

I will get pics up later, wife has the camera and is out with the girls right now doing girl stuff... yuck.....

http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net/

See less See more
#177 ·
I heard about it here, and after reading the numerous endorsements, I ordered some. Lubed up all the guns and immediately noticed a difference in the action on every weapon. Did some shootin' on Thursday and credit SBGO with a magnificent day, not a single stoppage in 400 rounds with the 1911 and P95. It's great stuff - keeps your guns working like the inside of a new engine. Noticeably cleaner guns after shooting, too.

#178 ·
I can’t say enough good things about the Silver Bullet Gun Oil.

When it first arrived it looked like someone had mixed bacon grease and motor oil together. I applied to a couple of my shotguns and loved it. It sticks well, brings a new shine to old guns, and has no foul odors. After I shot the guns I cleaned them and re-applied to the barrel and bore. It made the bore clean and slick enough to eat off of, and with bacon in it, it was hard not to. lol Great oil!!! I’m sold on it.

As others have mentioned “a little goes a loooooong way, and I recommend putting a couple of BB’s in the bottle to get a good mix before applying

XDFan

#179 ·
Anything that contains pork has to be good right? That is what I was going to find out. I stripped and cleaned 2 AR-15 in .556, and my glock 30, and applied the SBGO after thoroughly shaking it with a couple of BB's in the bottle as another poster suggested.
First thought is that a very little does go a long way. A Q-tip is really all you need to lube up, and there is still enough of the SBGO left on the Q-tip to lube a couple of sets of squeaky hinges. One of the Ar's and the glock, are well broken in, and the SBGO felt good with little resistance.
Where it really seemed to shine was on the action of the other unfired rifle. Before it was lubed, it was a bit rough, almost gritty. After putting the SBGO to work, all of the roughness, and grittiness disappeared.
I think this is some pretty good stuff, and it works as well as any other lubes I have used.

#180 ·
Greetings:
I live in Omaha. We have Schiels, Cabellas, and Dick's. I have never seen this SBGO in any of those places so I assume it is an on line thing. Meanwhile I am using RemOil on my pistols. Can anyone tell me how to clean firing stain off of the barrel and cylinder or my Nickel plated Colt Diamondback without damaging the finish.
Hijinx39

#181 ·
Greetings:
I live in Omaha. We have Schiels, Cabellas, and Dick's. I have never seen this SBGO in any of those places so I assume it is an on line thing. Meanwhile I am using RemOil on my pistols. Can anyone tell me how to clean firing stain off of the barrel and cylinder or my Nickel plated Colt Diamondback without damaging the finish.
Hijinx39
Welcome Hijinx39, I use CLP on my S&W nickel revolver and gently rub off all the fouling on it using a Qtip and some soft cloth. And then wipe it all off and use oil of choice.

#182 ·
Greetings:
Hijinx39
Welcome Hijinx, any good bore solvent will do it... I prefer Butchs Bore shine... Then finish with a dab of SBGO and the powder residue cant stick to it anymore...

You can get SBGO form http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net/

#184 ·
you can send one to me, if you're wanting to give one away that badly! :)
same here if you have any left! been reading the posts and thinking about trying a bottle so would be a good "convincer".

#185 ·
I been away at work for a bit folks. Got back a couple days ago.

Anyway, I took my XD9 apart today and took a look at the spots I lubed on it with SBGO. The lube not only is still there, it is exactly where I put it on a third of a year ago and 300ish rounds ago. There is no need to wipe and relube yet.

All my other guns are still lubed up and rustfree. I even store two in full flap leather holsters that are known rust growing grounds. Neither has a spec of rust on them.

I have used it from -23F to 100F. Days long exposure to rain, dust, hunting, sunlight. Does not matter how or where you use it. It just is as simple as it is the best lube/protectant I have ever used.

Look forward to catching back up with y'all..........

#189 ·
I just got done doing five days of testing on several M4s (real ones). On my work rifle I put the smallest amount of SBGO where I lube 'er up. Shot a few combat loads. I wiped off the bolt to clean at the end of the day. The next four days I did NOT apply anymore SBGO because there was enough left on it to make it work slick. The next four days got the same cleaning. Just a wipe off.

Several 20 hour days later and well over 1000 rounds from just my rifle later and the rifle was slick as could be. We got the same results from 8 other rifles.

This stuff works better than ANY CLP I have ever used at work. Cleanup is also alot faster. Carbon and residue wipes right off.

The more I use it the more I know I have ended my search for the best lube made. I could care less whats in it at this point! The stuff just works.......

#190 ·
Thanks Boris for a great testimonial. You are absolutely correct about it staying where you put it for a LONG time. I've been shooting my STI Spartan a lot after applying SBGO after a complete cleaning out of the box. The lube is still there. Someone made the statement " It's the best gun oil on the planet". They hit the nail on the head.

I have sent out several more samples of SBGO and we should have more reports soon. :)

#191 ·
Thanks Boris for a great testimonial. You are absolutely correct about it staying where you put it for a LONG time. I've been shooting my STI Spartan a lot after applying SBGO after a complete cleaning out of the box. The lube is still there. Someone made the statement " It's the best gun oil on the planet". They hit the nail on the head.

I have sent out several more samples of SBGO and we should have more reports soon. :)
I know of more than a few guys at work that are now ordering this lube after they seen how well it works.

My XD9 is on my side right now and it has the same lube (right where I put it 4 months ago) in and on her. I have never seen a lube not vanish over that amount of time in my life. [note: the XD9 gets used on a regular basis, it dont just sit in the safe! 4 full months of use and its still there]

I have tested it in the rain forests of the pac north west. The brutal cold of MI winters and so far the dry dusty drought conditions in NC we got right now.

If they made Silver Bullet Vtwin oil I would put it in my Harley lol.

#192 ·

I do not even know how to thank you enough for sending me that bottle!! I tortured my issue M4 all last week with it. All I had to do to clean it was wipe it off. Well I wiped and wiped until there was just the thinest of coat on my rifle that just would not wipe off. I only got to fire three full combat loads this week (210 rounds). We fired them off as fast as possible. The guns got hot. The guns that got wiped of all their CLP and that were fired 'dry' would not make it through one full load out without jamming due to lack of lube. My wiped 'dry' rifle with SBGO never missed a beat! I wish I could have fired it until failure but all the free ammo ran out. All I had to do to clean at the end of the day was wipe.

It is the best I have ever used my man and I have tried just about everything. Its going to take one hell of a lube for me to change from it..

#193 ·
Silver Bullet Gun Oil

Sam sent me a bottle to include with the dies for some lucky winner this month, and sent me a bottle for me too...

This stuff is GREAT. He warned me not to use too much, and he is RIGHT, a LITTLE goes a long way...

The graphite mixture looks at first like it is gunky, but trust me it is NOT.

I used it on my "new to me" Yugo M57 after I stripped the cosmoline off it, and used a LOT less than I would have usually used with my normal oil, and am STILL wiping it off!:p

But more than that, the pistol feels like it is NEW...and the typical crappy commie trigger actually is feeling much better since I got all the cosmoline off it and got the oil on it....but while the oil is GOOD, but it DOESN'T remove "Commie Creep" lol...:p:cool:

I will be sending a PM to Sam to see how I can buy some more...

#194 · (Edited)
Re: Silver Bullet Gun Oil

It is some good stuff. Sam sent me a bottle several weeks ago and I use it on just about everything. I have rubbed all my reloading dies down with it, I lubed my press with it, and of course I use it on all my guns.

I kinda found a new use for it yesterday. I bought a new holster for my P238 that is very tight. It is difficult getting the gun in and out of it so I put a little extra on the pistols slide, where it comes in contact with the leather. It seems to really help with breaking in the holster.

#196 ·
Re: Silver Bullet Gun Oil

Gdmoody, if it is a leather holster, dont use any oils or anything like that. Try putting your pistol in a sandwich bag or some other plastic sack and holstering it. Leave it overnight. This should stretch the leather just enough to allow for easier holstering.

#200 ·
I bought a 6 pack shortly after Sam sent me a bottle a few months ago. I bought 3 bottles of the regular and 3 of the HW.

I ended up mixing the 2 together into a quart size machine oil bottle after first testing a small amount mixed in an epoxy mixing cup. It works the very same as normal SBGO but is a tad thicker and stays even better. I clean my rifles and pistols as nromal with the bore solvents and wiping and picking with Q tips, then I use 1 patch with SBGO run back and forth thru the bore to deposit an even thin film, then i use that same patch to wipe the entire weapon down. And follow with a dry shop towel. Since using SBGO, weapon cleanup takes about half the time as before when i was using Mpro7. Fouling doesnt stick to treated surfaces, including the bore interior. When I shoot my custom SavageCBI .308 I run 2 boreshine soaked patches thru the bore and its spotless, then dry it and relube with an SBGO patch.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.