Silver Bullet Gun Oil test..

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Boris, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I've got a couple of bottles of SBGO Heavy Weapons oil. My friend has a 1918 Browning machine gun. It may be time to torture it a little. :D
  2. JLA

JLA Moderator

I actually took a 32 ounce machine oil bottle and mixed 2 bottles of HW and 2 bottles of regular SBGO and made 'Ultra SBGO'...
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

How did that work out ??

I still have a few bottles to giveaway but looks like the interest if fading. No new replys from the winners ?? No more personal testing ?? :confused:
  4. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Shooter, I have lubed several of my guns with the SBGO I won but it has been to cold for this old man to get out and shoot. Going to change that tomorrow but will be shooting two new guns (a S&W 25-5 and a brand new Glock 19) so there won't be anything to compare the oil to in this case. What I have seen so far I can only say a little bit goes a long way with the SBGO and no complaints so far.
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

..the interest isnt fading here Sam!:D
  6. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

If you have another contest i will enter.
  7. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

There is plenty of interest........I am waiting on some more pics too
  8. ozo

ozo Active Member

Most of us know SBGO and we take it for granted. There ain't no better !!
    Maybe you should do some kinda giveaway just for new members
    that are NOT familiar with it to give the rest away.
    If all else fails, and you just MUST get rid of it Sam, I will never have too much. (JK)
    I will bet anyone who has used SBGO is NEVER without any. So maybe a consensus
    on here of anyone who hasn't tried it, and they compete for what you have left.
    As far as the interest in it fading, I can't even fathom that thought.
    Maybe we need a sticky for SBGO, and we take turns bumping it back up for any new members to notice......
  9. Country101

Country101 Active Member

One of these days, I'm going to have to get me a bottle of that stuff and try it out.....It's gotta be some good stuff from the way yall keep talking about it.
  10. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I put the SBGO on my newly acquired S&W 25-5 today and took it to the range. Now the gun is tight and doesn't show much use at all. If you would load the cylinder with six cartridges and then lay it down on the bench the cylinder would close and lock up just from the weight of the cartridges. Since the gun is in great condition I can only attribute this to the gun oil, that is some slick stuff.
  11. JLA

JLA Moderator

works the same as regular SBGO, just a tad thicker. Stays put even better than regular SBGO does.

I bought the HW to mix with Beeswax and carnauba wax to make boolit lube and didnt use it all... Made a freakin awesome boolit lube too!
  12. ozo

ozo Active Member

"Good stuff'" would not even begin to describe it.
    Whatever you use or have ever used, there is no comparison.
    You ever heard the term "a little dab'll do ya" ?
  13. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I got my first bottle that Shooter had sent me, and I'll NEVER go without it. I use different things, but the SBGO is second to none! I kid you not.
  14. Casey

Casey New Member

I just ordered 2 bottles myself yesterday. Cant wait to try it out!
  15. ozo

ozo Active Member

Consider this as your warning.....
    You will be spoiled.......forever.
  16. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I've been using hoppe's Moly Oil. It lubes well even when dry, but I would like something that gives a little better protection, especially on some of my guns that sit around or are abused more. The moly oil doesnt do much for rust protection, like I would like.

What got everybody started on this stuff?
  17. Juker

Juker New Member

I heard about it here, and after reading the numerous endorsements, I ordered some. Lubed up all the guns and immediately noticed a difference in the action on every weapon. Did some shootin' on Thursday and credit SBGO with a magnificent day, not a single stoppage in 400 rounds with the 1911 and P95. It's great stuff - keeps your guns working like the inside of a new engine. Noticeably cleaner guns after shooting, too.
  18. XDFan

XDFan New Member

I can’t say enough good things about the Silver Bullet Gun Oil.

When it first arrived it looked like someone had mixed bacon grease and motor oil together. I applied to a couple of my shotguns and loved it. It sticks well, brings a new shine to old guns, and has no foul odors. After I shot the guns I cleaned them and re-applied to the barrel and bore. It made the bore clean and slick enough to eat off of, and with bacon in it, it was hard not to. lol Great oil!!! I’m sold on it.

As others have mentioned “a little goes a loooooong way, and I recommend putting a couple of BB’s in the bottle to get a good mix before applying

XDFan
  19. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

Anything that contains pork has to be good right? That is what I was going to find out. I stripped and cleaned 2 AR-15 in .556, and my glock 30, and applied the SBGO after thoroughly shaking it with a couple of BB's in the bottle as another poster suggested.
    First thought is that a very little does go a long way. A Q-tip is really all you need to lube up, and there is still enough of the SBGO left on the Q-tip to lube a couple of sets of squeaky hinges. One of the Ar's and the glock, are well broken in, and the SBGO felt good with little resistance.
    Where it really seemed to shine was on the action of the other unfired rifle. Before it was lubed, it was a bit rough, almost gritty. After putting the SBGO to work, all of the roughness, and grittiness disappeared.
    I think this is some pretty good stuff, and it works as well as any other lubes I have used.
  20. Hijinx39

Hijinx39 New Member

I live in Bellevue/Papillion NE (Omaha suburb)
    Greetings:
    I live in Omaha. We have Schiels, Cabellas, and Dick's. I have never seen this SBGO in any of those places so I assume it is an on line thing. Meanwhile I am using RemOil on my pistols. Can anyone tell me how to clean firing stain off of the barrel and cylinder or my Nickel plated Colt Diamondback without damaging the finish.
    Hijinx39