Single action revolvers aren't popular with some shooters

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 76Highboy, Apr 14, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks Zane.
  2. 76Highboy

Thanks Lanzerac.
  3. 76Highboy

Sweet SA's Roder.
  4. Packrat76

Packrat76 New Member

There's something great about having a brace of .44 old model super blackhawks in your hands.............
  5. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

How about calling them the Sucky Model Vaquero?? I had two...BLEAH :bleh: is the nicest thing I can say about 'em...

Kinda funny tho...bring them up to any gunsmith and watch their expression...fun mixture of disgust and
    "Oh Gawd, not another Vaquero problem..."
  6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the Vaquero, that's been in use since 1993, or the New Vaquero, that's been in use since 2005?

'Cause the only difference between a Vaquero and a New Model Blackhawk is the sights. I have absolutely no experience with "New Vaquero", but am quite familiar with New Model Blackhawks. While I don't like them (and that's strictly a personal opinion) there's nothing wrong with them.
  7. Wolf 5.7

Wolf 5.7 New Member

I just bought my first revolver today. Ruger blackhawk in 327 fed. Before anyone asks why I got a odd caliber, and not a 357, my aunt ended her own life with a 357, so I won't touch one to honor her memory. Shot it today and absolutely love it. After owning 10 pistols, I wonder why did I never get a revolver?:confused: Hopefully I can get a collection to rival the rest of you:)[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  8. mooch

mooch New Member

I have to put my two cent's in about single action revolver's, I love them, they are great shooting and lot's of fun. I have the single shot Ruger .30 carbine, that and my M1 carbine go great at the range, same bullet, can't beat that. I also have four .44 cap and ball pistol's and two single shot Pirate pistol's, one is cap, the other is flint, God you should see all that smoke. It's a wonder they could see who they were shooting at in the good old day's. I also have one cap and ball .50 cal rifle. But not to worry, I'll not give up my Titan .25, my little Spitfire.
  9. mooch

mooch New Member

Oh, by the way, those cap & ball's are all Remington's, can't afford the real old west shooter's, but I won't tell if you don't tell.
  10. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

They say in cowboy shooting if your shooting colt or clones buy 4 of them, if your shooting Ruger you only need a pair.

Been using this pair 7 or 8 years now (not matched). Without trips to the doctor.

Attached Files:

11. 76Highboy

I wont say a word.
  12. chucksolo69

chucksolo69 New Member

I have a 3rd Generation Colt Single Action Army in .357 Magnum. It is the sweetest shooting SA I have ever shot. Nothing feels like a Colt SAA.
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  14. 76Highboy

15. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The single six I bought new in 1976. Still works as good as new. I bought the 44 mag in case I run into a grizzly bear but they don't seem have to many in the Chicago area.

:):):):)

Attached Files:

16. 76Highboy

gvw3, really, I think you are paranoid about the grizzlies. So, why don't you just send me that 44 cause I need it more.:D And, also, those other two revolvers are just anchor weights so I will take them too.
  17. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Highboy you have to many now. If you run out of room in the gun case I can store some for you. I still have lots of room in mine.
  18. 76Highboy

Your too quick for me. Id'e better just pipe down here in idaho. They are very nice though.
  19. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was looking at your bench with the collection on it. Great collection.

But I agree...you need a bigger bench so there's room for that thin mint ice cream :D:D:D
  20. 76Highboy

Just be patient. In one week to the day, you, Ryan42, and geds are gonna get it. Just wait BE.:D