Single action revolvers aren't popular with some shooters

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 76Highboy, Apr 14, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    gvw3, really, I think you are paranoid about the grizzlies. So, why don't you just send me that 44 cause I need it more.:D And, also, those other two revolvers are just anchor weights so I will take them too.

2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Chicago IL Area
    Highboy you have to many now. If you run out of room in the gun case I can store some for you. I still have lots of room in mine.

3. 76Highboy

Jan 1, 2012
    Your too quick for me. Id'e better just pipe down here in idaho. They are very nice though.

4. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    UK
    I was looking at your bench with the collection on it. Great collection.

But I agree...you need a bigger bench so there's room for that thin mint ice cream :D:D:D

dbcooper likes this.
  5. 76Highboy

Jan 1, 2012
    Just be patient. In one week to the day, you, Ryan42, and geds are gonna get it. Just wait BE.:D

6. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    UK
    :p:D:p:D:p:D
    Waiting...

My only single action gun is my Remington NMA. Just got some .454 balls for it, shoots better than with the .451 balls I was shooting. Now just need to get my local store to stock them...

DSCF2730a.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
    dbcooper likes this.
  7. Hikup41

Hikup41 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
  8. gvw3

Oct 16, 2011
    Chicago IL Area
    This is an old thread that I remember well. I am still waiting for those Rugers Highboy was going to send me. :)

BlackEagle, carver and crystalphoto like this.
  9. 76Highboy

Jan 1, 2012
    I have a huge box ready to ship and the shipping date label says April 25, 2012. I opened the box and the bear grease that I used to grease all these revolvers went bad and the old revolvers are of no value. It pains me that I cannot send them.

Also, I have been sitting here in my chair since April 24, 2012 waiting for your reply. My thin mint ran out long ago.

Highboy

BlackEagle, carver and crystalphoto like this.
  10. gvw3

Oct 16, 2011
    Chicago IL Area
    Now that you are a big star on you tube we don't get to see much of you.

BlackEagle and carver like this.
  11. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Everybody should have a least one. My first gun a Ruger Blackhawk 30 carbine. A fire breathing Dragon. Still have her an she still shoots great, cosmetically challenged( because of the bubba home blue job my twenty something dumb @$$ self did). Got away from the S/A for many years but my interest has been revived. Recently added a Ruger Single Nine to the locker. One of my favorites.
    You younger fellas that have never shot one are missing out. A piece of our American gun history. Something about them, just plain fun!

BlackEagle, carver and gvw3 like this.
  12. Big Mak

Big Mak Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Washington State
    Now he'll get Thin Mint advertisements and royalties from ads on his YouBoob channel.

For the record, I only own one revolver and it's a DA. But...I ONLY shoot it in single action. :)

carver likes this.
  13. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

I have had two single Six revolvers and one Vaquero

they have all been sold or traded in for other guns over the years.
    I like the idea of the SA but it just wasnt something that kept my interest

carver likes this.
  14. gvw3

Oct 16, 2011
    Chicago IL Area
    My favorite handguns are SA. I have no idea why. They always were. Back when I was a young man in the 1970's the gun I wanted the most was a 357 Ruger Blackhawk. Whenever I go to Cabela's or my LGS I always end up looking at the SA rack.

Broot, dbcooper, carver and 1 other person like this.
  15. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    I have three single actions, one in .22 and two in .45 Colt. I don't shoot any of them often but I do have them.

Broot, knight0334 and carver like this.