The Firearms Forum banner

Single Shot Defender Shotgun trying to find out little about it and price.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  scottv215 
#1 ·
I am trying to find out some info and what an old single shot shotgun that says defender on side and on barrel I can make out patented August 12. Also a very short small gun and no sight. I also have an old JC Higgins bolt action shotgun with the choke at the end of the barrel. I need to get rid of one to make room for a new gun in safe. Any info and price be very helpful. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
No offense, but it looks like someone painted over a rusty gun. By the pictures, I would rate it's shape as "poor". Value less than $50. If the JC Higgins is any better, keep it and get rid of the defender or strip it down and make a wall hanger out of it.

#3 ·
It is a " Trade " name shotgun and may be a Iver Johnson. Single barrel shotguns , even if old, do not bring high values. I would guess maybe 50 dollars if functional. Yes, someone has applied some type of finish over some very bad rust pits.

#4 ·
Hey thanks, It works great still, I believe it was used at my grandparents five and dime in philly for self protection so has some wear, the photos it looks rough but its actually doesnt look as bad but it has been refinished at one time. Since its so small I think I can find a place for it. I think I will unload the JC Higgins 583.23 or 1939 Carcano XVII Terni 7.35 cal. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.