1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

single shot shotgun with "excel" on the side

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by harley berry, Feb 18, 2010.

1. harley berry

harley berry New Member

I have a single shot shotgun reciever that I cant find parts for, cause I dont know who makes it, or how old it is. I need part's. Will harrington and richardson barrels fit on this.? The inside dimensions and locking lug all look the same so maybe i don't know? need help please
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Excel was a trade name used by Iver Johnson.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I think the chances of finding a barrel for that gun are about the same as winning the Power Ball lottery. Good luck!

Jim
  4. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

just about any of the champion single barrel shotgun barrels should fit as the EXCEL is the brand name iver johnson used on their less expensive version of the champion.

EXCEL
    Iver Johnson’s Arms & Cycle Works in house Brand Name with many Retailers --1910-1935
    Single barrel; rebounding center mounted hammer; top lever operated break open design; gauges: 12, 16, 20 and 410 bore; barrel length: 26, 28, 30, and 32 inches (features barrel and lug forged in one piece) bored full chock only; Walnut butt stock and fore-end; automatic extractors; weight 6¾ pounds; overall length with 30 inch barrel 45 inches; blued receiver & barrel (nickel often seen); Economy model of Champion single barrel offered to mail order houses and other wholesalers; will also be found under the following Brand Names;
    T. BARKER H& D Folsom Co. New York wholesaler
    BLACKFIELD Hibbard-Spencer & Bartlett Co. Chicago wholesaler
    BLACKIMP K-S-CO Keith-Simmons Co. San Francisco wholesaler
    CHALLENGER George Worthington Co. Cleveland Ohio wholesaler
    DIAMOND ARMS CO. Shapleigh Hardware Co. St. Louis wholesaler
    EASTERN ARMS CO. Retailer Sears, Roebuck & Co. (just before or just after WWII)
    FAMOUS Hirch Mercantile Co San Francisco California wholesaler
    FALCON National Lead Co. San Francisco California wholesaler
    HERMITAGE K-S-CO Keith-Simmons Co. Nashville TN wholesaler
    IDEAL Charles Williams Stores Brooklyn New York retailer
    KING NITRO Shapleigh Hardware Co. St, Louis wholesaler
    MARSHFIELD (MARSHWOOD?) Charles Williams Stores Brooklyn New York retailer
    MONITER Paxton & Gallager Co. Omaha, Nebraska wholesaler
    NEWPORT Hibbard-Spencer & Bartlett Co. Chicago wholesaler
    OLYMPIC ARMS CO. Morley & Murphy Hardware, Green Bay WI and Morley Brothers Saginaw MI wholesalers
    RANGER Retailer Sears, Roebuck & Co. (just before or just after WWII)
    REVONOC (REV-O-NOC) Richardson & Conover Hardware Co, Kansas City also see with Hibbard-Spencer & Bartlett name
    SCOUT Frankfurth Hardware Co. Milwaukee WI wholesaler/retailer
    SIOUX Larson Hardware Co. SD wholesaler/retailer
    TRIUMPH Montgomery Wards & Co retailer
    TRUE BLUE Shapleigh Hardware Co. St. Louis wholesaler
    VOLUNTEER Belknap Hardware Co. St Louis wholesaler
    WESTERN FIELD Montgomery Wards & Co retailer
    XLCR W. Bingham Co. Cleveland Ohio wholesaler
    It must be noted that some of these names will also be found on single barrel shotguns manufactures by other manufacturer as some names were the property of the wholesaler/retailer
    VALUE: 100%=$175 60%=$75