1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

single shot

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Chas
    (11/4/02 4:15:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All single shot
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm looking at picking up a single shot for hunting (mostly deer and black bear). So far I like the ruger in a .308 .

Anyone have a ruger single shot? happy or unhappy?

Any other suggestions or comments?

Thanks,

Chas

edited out () signs around .308, as it makes an emoticon code.

Thanks for the fix shooter...I hope it wasn't embarrassing

Edited by: Chas at: 11/4/02 5:21:35 pm

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/4/02 5:44:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: single shot
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yep -

I've owned 2 different Ruger #1's and sold both because others wanted them more than I did. Sorta wish I had the the first one back, tho - a Centennial model (1776-1976) with absolutely beautiful burl walnut.

Anyway - the #1 is a fine quality gun that you can't go wrong with. All seem to require a little forearm tension to make into top shooters. A simple remedy is to put a business card shim between stock and barrel right at the forearm tip. Some put a couple layers of electricans tape, but I always liked the card, myself.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Big R
    (12/17/02 11:42:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: single shot
    Don't know what your budget is, but I have a New England Firearms single shot .223 with bull barrel that straight from the factory shot a .602" 5 shot group at 100 yds.

It set me back $220 and was worth every penny, it is available in .308 but not with the bull barrel

.22 or 7mm Rem Mag, it doesn't matter. As long as I'm shooting I'm Happy