Single Six Convertible????

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by jlloyd73, Feb 11, 2011.

1. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I just saw one of these in the local gun store used for $150. It is SS but has some ugly ivory looking grips on it. I could see a few very tiny nicks in the finish, but still looked brand new otherwise.

*****I am not very familiar with this gun, but it seems like it would be good for the wife and kids to use to learn about handguns....and a great plinker*****

Do ya'll think I should jump on this or what? Looks like they are running much more that on some of the auction sites. The grips would have to be changed.....but that is as simple as $40 or so.

Let me know.
  2. wkd

wkd New Member

I assume that when you say single six it is a ruger? If so for that price push yourself away from the computer as fast as you can and go buy it!
  3. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Ruger it is..............to tell you the truth I think I fell in love with it. I wanted to do a little research on it before I jumped head first. It looks like there is a large variety of upgrades/accessories as well. Do ya'll think it would be a good gun for the kids?
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Grab it fast before someone else does.
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

hurry back and dont leave without it. excellent deal.
  6. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

Nah - but it'd be a great gun for you ;)

Seriously, yes - it would be a good gun for them. I find the single six is just simply a lot of fun to shoot. At some point, you might want to investigate a nice air pistol (see the Crosman Custom Shop, for example) - you can shoot that nearly anywhere, it's lots of fun and even less expensive to shoot (I find mine will do nicely on Daisy wadcutters - available locally for $3.95/500).
  7. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Does it have both cylinders?
  8. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I went back and looked at it......it was missing the 22 mag cylinder and the trigger needed work done to it (the shop owner didn't know how bad it was or what it was). I still like it, but for the price of parts I think it would be better to get one that is in better working order and the extra cylinder......I will keep looking.
  9. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking, and may be a bit off, but you can get a cylinder for about $60-$70 and if the trigger/parts isnt to messed up, good deal!