1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

SKS Conversion for AK Mags

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

A Professional
    (10/28/01 1:53:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Question about a SKS.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My dad owns a Norinco SKS in 7.62x39, which you feed 10 rounds through the top with stripper clips. The rounds go into a sorta permanent mag (hard to describe, but you probably know what I mean) which opens up from bottom, to release any unfired rounds.

I'm interested in converting it to a true detachable magazine, to make it a little easier to load, and get more than 10 shots out of it. What's the best/easiest way to approach this problem?

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/28/01 2:05:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Question about a SKS.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are several aftermarket possibilities.

Check out: www.sksman.com
    and www.sksparts.com

A word of warning: be aware that some legal issues may exist. Check the laws where you are first.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Edited by: AntiqueDr at: 10/28/01 2:09:05 pm

gpostal
    (10/28/01 9:50:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Question about a SKS.
    pro you said "true detachable magazine" you will not obtain anything close, most of the detachable sks mags will have a duck bill lip ,which will require a little filing and fitting ,I have yet to see one that works right ,{nothing you want to do in the dark any way } there is a company ,I don't know if it is one doc listed or not ,this company claims to make a insert that makes a sks take "their" ak-47 style mags ,I will look it up and post it later

I am not against converting them myself ,but I also personally don't advise doing it ,not worth the trade off in my opinion

AntiqueDr
    (10/28/01 9:57:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Question about a SKS.
    It is. sksparts.com

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com