1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

SKS D ?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dgwlhnt, Aug 20, 2006.

1. dgwlhnt

dgwlhnt New Member

I just bought a Norinco SKS with three Chinese symbols and a D stamped on the receiver followed by the serial #. It also has a 26 inside a triangle on the receiver, & it takes AK-47 clips. I've been told the "SKS D" is a myth as they wern't marked with a D, and that it is a term used for any SKS that takes AK-47 mags. It has a 20" barrel and a solid blond stock. What gives? I am new to the Hobby so any information would be appreciated!
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

3. dgwlhnt

dgwlhnt New Member

All the receiver says is Made in China by Norinco GSI ONT CA. It is also stamped w/ D 240 & has a 20" screw in barrel w/ bayonet mount. Thanks
  4. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Unsure who told you the Norinco SKS Model "D" was not marked as such.
    The "D" is for detachable----duh? It was made that way and so stamped.
    These brought a premium back in the day-those days are other, but they stil command a higher price than standard SKS`s.

LTS
  5. dgwlhnt

dgwlhnt New Member

Thanks for clearing up the "D" part of my ?. My local gun shops had never seen a "D" stamped on the receiver, & none of the "SKS D's" they showed me didn't have the D or the 3 Chinese symbols. Anybody have any info on Factory 26 or anything else?