SKS Identification & Stocks

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by JustSomeDude, Jan 29, 2011.

1. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude New Member

Hi folks. I would like some info on an SKS I have seen, especially about stock compatibility. It is a Norinco which accepts AK magazines. It is a 1994 serial and is stamped "SKS NR 7.62x39MM". It came with a wooden "sporter stock" with a keyhole grip. If someone wanted to change the stock, what details would they need to know before ordering, and what stock dealers would you suggest for this type of rifle.
    Thanks in advance, and best wishes to all.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome to TFF.

No special knowledge needed.

There are many places to buy SKS stocks from (just google it) but I'll start you off with one. Good luck and have fun with your mission.