sks oem rifle parts

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by gunnutsrus, Jan 25, 2012.

1. gunnutsrus

gunnutsrus New Member

I am a new member to this chat room or whatever it's called. I would like help in locating sks oem rifle parts. I didn't think it would be difficult in locating these parts, but I was very mistake. If anyone knows of a website or place to find this simple parts, or so i thought, I would very much appreciate the help. I'm thinking about selling sks parts after I find these parts, providing i can find a supplier. Will I need a ffl license to do this? The parts that I'm trying to locate are: 1.) bolt cover 2.) bolt spring assembly 3.) a standard magazine. I may not have the appropriate names listed for these but i figured anyone that knows these guns,will know what I'm talking about. Thanks, I appreciated your help. gunnutsrus
  2. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

You don't need an FFL for any parts except for the receiver - the main part of the rifle that is serial numbered. Those parts should be easy - I'd check with Numrich Gun Parts in West Hurley, New York. Give them a call and they will know what you are asking for.

I'm curious - is your SKS Chinese? There are others, but the Chinese are the most common. Norinco. Good on you for restoring a military rifle.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012