SKS value and age

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by joncutt87, Jun 12, 2011.

1. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have original box, ammo pouch, sling, 7 boxes of Norinco ammo, and oiling kit.

Norinco made serial # 1509XXX
  2. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Forgot to mention it has only had 10 rounds fired through it and is unissued military.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

250-300?

I'm not an expert, but they are plentiful. And ammo is cheap and they're fun to shoot.
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

+1 with what Bobitis opined. These Type 56s were stuck at $265 around here (Eastern PA) for about 10 years - just recently have begun to inch upward - primarily since Obama. There is so much BS on the internet badmouthing these guns that the price has been depressed, IMHO - new shooters are afraid to buy them after reading all the bull.
    I have one -it shoots very well thank you - it needed a bit of sight adjustment, other than that, with the original magazine installed (previous owner tried using one of those "droppable" mags and had nothing but jamming (as he said) - I put the original mag back inplace and it functions great. And loading it with 10 round stripper clips is three times as fast as trying to fit one of those dumb a$$ mags in it.
    Sorry got a bit off track there.
    $325 tops in excellent condition.
  5. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

always a help Jim, thanks.