Slavery To Return ?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Carne Frio, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

What do you think tax the working (extort) and give to the "don't want to work" is?
  3. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

Middle class white folks are the slaves now.
  4. lentz

lentz Former Guest

I don't think it will pass.But I didn't think obama would be elected either.
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Will this apply to those already sucking my taxes?
    Will it be forced upon the illegals?

Who gets to define 'slavery'?

Didn't we abolish it many decades ago?

Seems like 'slavery' is pretty subjective. Kinda like torture.

Billions more sent down the crapper.:rolleyes:
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Its all in the fine print and application of that fine print

if they grabbed city kid's and took em to the country , parks service or farm service or emergency service work , that would help to distill a work ethic into those who are lacking in such , could be a good thing

it also get's big infrastructure done cheap and creates skills in folks

if applied and done right ..

but there are problems in this too be careful this is a double bladed weapon
  7. lentz

lentz Former Guest

Mandatory is what turns me off. I won't do a damn thing I don't want to
  8. wpage

wpage Active Member

Slavery never left.
  9. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

Biggest threat to our liberty are the unelected bureaucrats in Washington. They pass regulations and laws with nary a peep from Congress or a challenge in the courts.

It's time to fire half the people working for the Government and eliminate Civil Service protection. If you can't fire the people working in government, it doesn't matter who you elect, since they're not affecting you like the government worker.
  10. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Never a good thing to turn your freedom over and entrust it to a government, even if it's just a little at a time. If you do, you will be a slave and not realize it until you are powerless to free yourself.

Won't be long until these internet sites are shut down. You'd have to be blind not to see that one coming. Too many like us here are talking about it, and that's just too much un-checked power for certain circles to let happen.

I hope that we can restore ourselves thru the ballot box. If not, things could get very ugly. Pray that some nut job doesn't set off this keg of powder we are all sitting on.
  11. alex.cirabisi

alex.cirabisi Member

just gotta say... we have the power to take out who we dont want in power.. not take out as in "whack" but put someone we believe can handle the power... i bet this fired up the local malitia's when they caught wind of this. a civil war with the way the economy is and how the reps and presidents have been isnt an unreal thing... very possible
  12. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

The draft is back. Those on welfare will probably be declared defacto disabled.
  13. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  14. belercous

belercous Former Guest

Uhh, anyone actually read the bill? Sure doesn't sound like it. The bill calls for re-instating what used to be called "The Draft."
    Now, Viet Nam ended 5 years before I graduated H.S., and I for one am tickled about the volunteer army and believe that is the way to go. Some of my friends older brothers came back in a horizontal position, so I'm not really in favor of this bill, which will die in committee. It won't see a floor vote, it is political posturing from the left.

However, in the interest of bringing out the truth of the bill, some things to note are;

1. It's the draft. For some strange reason people are not just signing up in droves to be put in harm's way for a war began on false pretenses and not viewed as neccessary, and a war that is not seen as having a visible enemy. Who'da figured?

2. It allows for non-military conscription in support of our troops. (Or should we not provide logistical support for our troops?) This is due to our "privatizing" duties which used to be performed by the Armed Services. Seems like we just can't get good help at a reasonable price when we're in a war and people might get killed. The free market kinda let us down on this one.

3. It only applies in times of war AND requires the President (remember a Democrat won't always hold the office) to delare an emergency.

4. Not everyone, or even close to everyone, will be drafted. Only as many as are needed. It will be done by random selection (a lottery). The acutal number likely would not exceed 1% of the population. We'd have to clothe, house, and feed these people so it wouldn't make sense to overstock.

5. Slavery has not been totally abolished in this country by the Constitution. Anyone here ever actually read the Constitution? Please reference the 13th Amendment. Convicts can be put to hard labor (involuntary servitude).

Now I understand that this is an echo-chamber wherein people don't do much fact-checking on things which support their worldview, but just because one reads something on the interweb, hears it on the radio, sees it on TV, or reads it, does not make it true.
    Please check out what I say as well. I'm certain that many here can't wait to discredit me. If only that were true for every bit of information one gets, the level of discourse would be raised immeasurably. It's part of being able to think critically. Try it.
  15. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

That is only one part of it.

Nothing in the law supports this statement. You are hung up on the "draft" portion of the law. It is not limited to "emergency" roles. It even references the weather service (NOAA) of all things.

Again you are hung up on the draft. The war clause only changes the rules from you pick were you go to Uncle Sam picks were you go. Also it's war OR declared emergency, not AND.

SEC. 102. NATIONAL SERVICE OBLIGATION.

(a) Obligation for Service- It is the obligation of every citizen of the United States, and every other person residing in the United States, who is between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform a period of national service as prescribed in this title unless exempted under the provisions of this title.

SEC. 103. INDUCTION TO PERFORM NATIONAL SERVICE.

(a) Induction Requirements- The President shall provide for the induction of persons described in section 102(a) to perform their national service obligation.

No where does it say anything about this being a national emergency contingency program that can be activated at need.

Read the bill HERE. It's fairly short.