Slightly stunned

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Larry G, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Larry G

Larry G New Member

Hello again. I have just gotten off the telephone with my local police department and am a bit stunned. I contacted the police to inquire if any preparations had been made to stockpile biological masks (face respirators) for the patrol officers in case a pandemic of bird flu should occur here. What stunned me was that I was told that NO masks were on hand for the first responder police officers due to budget constraints. My opinion is that when hundreds or possibly thousands of people get seriously ill, will they not call 911 for assistance? And if the local police force is exposed to an infectious disease such as bird flu and get ill themselves, who can we count on to respond to an emergency?
    Bottom line, I have bought and donated several new cases of 3M N95 TB rated face masks for my local department. Now a question, do other police forces around the country have these vital supplies or not? I would like to hear from acting officers if the basic equipment is on hand and ready for use. Thanks. Larry
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I am not an LEO but I have mine the wifes and a couple of extra as well as a good supply of extra filters ;) all ways be prepared for the worst