slinsers

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by iceman1, Nov 3, 2004.

1. iceman1

iceman1 New Member

where do i find rifle slincers??
  2. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

What's a slincer? :confused:
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

muffler shop is a good place to look :eek:
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Denmark
  5. iceman1

iceman1 New Member

ok very funny guys what i am looking for is a rifle muffer does any body know where i can find one ??
  6. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Have at it

M. FIREARMS - NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT (NFA)

(M1) The types of firearms that must be registered in the National Firearm Registration and Transfer Record are defined in the NFA and in 27 CFR Part 179. What are some examples? [Back]

Some examples of the types of firearms that must be registered are:
    Machineguns;
    The frames or receivers of machineguns;
    Any combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting weapons into machineguns;
    Any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for converting a weapon into a machinegun;
    Any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if the parts are in the possession or under the control of a person;
    Silencers and any part designed and intended for fabricating a silencer;
    Short-barreled rifles;
    Short-barreled shotguns;
    Destructive devices; and,
    "Any other weapons
  7. iceman1

iceman1 New Member

ok thanks guys now i just need to find one,,
  8. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

Check Shot Gun News. There are a few places in there listed in the Class III directory. Once you have your paperwork, you should be set.
    -J-
  9. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I moved this thread to the NFA forum because it's more appropriate here. Silencers are highly restricted by the Federal government, and are totally illegal in many states. You generally won't find them being sold, except for Class III places or for law enforcement.
  10. allmons

allmons New Member

Well that just pisses me off. I see why the Military might need weapons and devices that we citizens don't need, but I find it very repugnant that Law Enforcement has access to weapons and devices that citizens do not.

:confused:
  11. Admin

Admin Active Member Staff Member

Go to http://www.subguns.com and you'll find out the various mfg's
    to purchase from. Most states are NFA friendly and allow the legal
    purchase, use & possesion of supressors/silencers. No big deal.

Gemtech makes a fine one.
  12. BigSam77

BigSam77 New Member

How much jumping through hoops do you really have to do in order to get approved to buy one?
  13. RKBA

RKBA New Member

Lots....
  14. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

AAC makes the best rifle and pistol silencers
  15. OHshooter

OHshooter New Member

Google "Silencer", there are lots of places that sell them. Then make sure that they are legal where you live. Then find a class 3 dealer in your area. If he doesn't have the one you want, he will have to have one transfered to him on a ATF Form 3. It can not be transfered directly to you from an out of state dealer/manufacturer.

Once he has it you will need to complete two copies of a ATF Form 4. You will have to be finger printed and have passport type pictures taken. You will also have to have the chief law enforcement officer in your location sign off on the form. This could be a Chief of Police, County Sheriff or one of several other people in your area.

When you have completed the form 4 you will take it back to your local dealer and he will sign off on it and it will be set to the ATF along with a $200 check from you. Once the ATF gets it they will run a background check on you and make a determination on whether or not you qualify. This can take from a few weeks to several months but 2 to 4 months is common. I have heard horror stories of it take as long as a year and a half. On the other hand it may only take a month or so. So it is pretty much a crapshoot.

Assuming that you are approved, the ATF will return the form to your dealer along with the tax stamp. Once your dealer gets the approved form returned to him you can take delivery of the silencer. It will be between you and the dealer when you make payment for the silencer. They range in price from about $400 and up depending on the make.

If you don't get approved, the form and your check (I think) will be returned with the reason for denial.

The biggest hassle is the waiting to get the form approved.