slow..not speed..but posts, come on people.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mauser_central, Jan 10, 2005.

1. mauser_central

mauser_central New Member

ok im new here granted but its obvious so i feel ok to talk about this. Everytime i come to tff lots of folks are logged in and usually a few guests lurking. Why is it all the forums seem to move slow, very rarely a new thread and replies are often far between as well. the people is here i see you on the ''tell tell'' box at the bottom. Start posting. you can even start here , tell me why its so slow paced around here...im confused, lotsa good people good forum layout whats the problem.talk damn yuns talk ! even the chat is slow 37 members and its empty as of now,
  2. Winchester73

Winchester73 New Member

Yeah, I've been thinkin' the same thing. Ever since the old home place shut down, I've been checking in here. I really like some of the options and friendliness, but ain't nobody talking. Of course I contribute to that, even over at GB, I'll check in several times a day, and not necessarily say anything :D
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I thought today was a REAL BUSY day all day!

It does seem a little slow for this time of night, though. Must be Monday night football or something like that.
  4. ruger270man

ruger270man New Member

we have to recruit some people..

EVERYONE send a message to everyone you know that was on gunbroker and tell them to come over here
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I try not to post gibberish, my opinion is that quality as opposed to quanity makes for a good read, of course this rule has to be broken occasionally...Point being, I simply do not have opinions/ideas/ect, on many of the subjects discussed, so I try to keep my keyboard to myself. :D

But by all means dont let my point of view slow you down, seriously, maybe we need some low drag, high speed posters to liven the place up a bit.

I tend to agree though, that seeing some of those names in "the box" over and over make me wish they'd GET ON IN HERE sometimes.

Crpdeth (The medium speed poster)
  6. FrancF

FrancF New Member

Think it just seems that way because of all the sub forums, IE, humor, reloading, hunting,
  7. Winchester73

Winchester73 New Member

Yep, a lot of neat forums and such, just spreads the members a little thin for us used to seeing multiple topics/replies ;)
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

It's true that our many forums tends to spread the posts around more than some of you may be used to.

Everyone has their own approach to reading posts, but what I like to do is click the "New Posts" link in the row of links near the top of the page. That will pull up all the posts that have been made since the last time you visited. Depending on how long it's been since your last visit, there might be several pages of new posts. It includes a column to tell you what forum the thread is in, so you'll have an idea of the subject matter before you open the thread.
  9. Winchester73

Winchester73 New Member

Thanks for that tip SouthernMoss, That does help separate the "stale" conversations. Really, I think once people learn their way around the options on here they will be appreciated!
  10. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I will throw something in here.

One feature that I REALLY REALLY REALLY like here,
    is when a member has a signature line that is
    WAY to W-I-D-E for the screen, it only messes up HIS post, and NOT the whole thread :D so you can just merrily SKIP OVER anything that particular poster has to say :D rather than scrolling back and forth :mad: trying to read it.

Did I mention that I really like that feature? :D :D :D

SoMo,
    That is how I do it, and I regularly get 2-3 pages of new posts.
  11. interstatepawnllc

interstatepawnllc New Member

I concur with P-up concisely! :)
  12. geezler

geezler New Member

I like to post and read here in the general discussions, the disabled forum and of course the pump house :D :D I also like the recipe forum :D That cat litter cake is gong to be a fine prank for me to pull on someone :D

I can post a lot faster now since i dropped dial up and got an HSI-ain't che lucky? :D :D :D
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  13. Texas_Shooter

Texas_Shooter New Member

I think that most people are migrants from the other site and want to "feel" it out before posting.
  14. geezler

geezler New Member

This is true! :confused: :confused:
  15. tireman

tireman Member

ive been here a while--work cut my net time to 1 hour a day---cut way down on my post---lots of good folks here---i have always gotten response to my questions and such