Slow On The Uptake

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by Hurryin' Hoosier, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Hurryin' Hoosier

Hurryin' Hoosier New Member

It finally occurred to me what the title of this forum says. I always thought it was spelled "beau coups", but had no idea how "dinky-dow" was spelled.

Then again, I wasn't in 'Nam. I won one all-expenses paid trip to the far end of the Aleutians and another one (twice as long, no less) to Asmara, Eritrea (which was then part of Ethiopia). (Kids nowadays think I'm b-s'ing when I tell them that my last weapons qual in the Regular Army was with an M2 carbine. The status of forces agreement prohibited us from having our own M14s, so we had to use the Ethiopian 2nd Division's range and weapons.) Tadawah, attah! :D
  2. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    GREETINGS INDY....I just noticed your post from the 6th...wasn't ignoring you but probably having a senior issue....Hey, I'm not that sharp on historical events so put a time line on your travels for us...I recall my first qual with the M-14 was deploying to Okinawa in January 1963....The weapon I was issued had the most beautiful maple wood stock...curly-wood maple some old know-it-all wood butcher told me. I thought it was a fine piece and even though I packed a Colt 45, I went to the Camp Hague range frequently. You mentioned 'Asmara'---is that Turkey? Still use that French term a lot having been stationed in what then was called, French Morocco...beau coup chow, beau coup laundry, beau coup chicken ****....tagged everything of large quantities beau coup....Check back Indy and fill us in on your tours and tussles...Chief