Slow oven baked chicken

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by robsguns, Oct 21, 2004.

1. robsguns

robsguns New Member

Hey guys, this isnt a recipe, but its one of the only unique things I cook, that just really does it for chicken. Take a package of chicken breasts, or thighs, boneless or not doesnt make a difference, poke some fork holes in them after peeling the skin off if you dont like the skin, then place in a bowl that is just large enough to hold them. They can be stacked up in the bowl or lying in a single layer, doesnt matter. Pour in enough of your favorite BBQ sauce, add spices if you like, not important either, to cover up the chicken till its drowning. I do all this, then put it in the oven at around 200-225 degrees. I do this in the morning around 1000 and let it cook till dinner time. This makes the most flavorful tasting chicken you will ever have, and its always very moist, falls off the bone. Sounds like crock pot cooking, but to me, its one step better. You can always toss in some baked potatoes in the oven an hour priior to eating the chicken, if you like, and you cant do that in the crock pot. Enjoy