Small of the back Holster

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Deacon_Man, Feb 24, 2010.

1. db4usa

db4usa New Member

Angent Will,

What kind of loads did you carry on airlines? was/is there a policy for certain types of cal.'s, fragmentation, etc? Just curious if there was any forethought going into Sky Marshall's firing their weapons in flight.

db
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

:)I find the very best way to carry concealed is "concealed". I don't believe there is any one best way to do so. What ever is the most secure and most comfortable for you. There are way too many well meaning folks in this world that like to say their way is best, but! Now having said that, I have tried the small of the back and found it has one major drawback { other than falling backward and injuring yourself }. it is hard to set down with small of the back carry. It is difficult to drive and to sit in a hard office chair, forget it. That was the only draw back I found with it.:) JMHO and like belly buttons , every body has one:D
  3. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

I like my Supertuck - I carry a CZ P01 or a Stoeger Cougar - IWB and is comfortable for driving, sitting, walking. I do need a better belt. But it's concealed and comfortable at about 4 oclock. There are several similar holsters, they all look like they will work well.I'm 6-2 270, by the way and wear a loose shirt over it.
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

Sometimes in church the availability of candlesticks and brass crucifixes makes the gun a second choice...
    It is nice to have choices. Especially for bad folks in church!
  5. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I have to agree on the Cross Breed Supertuck Delux. Works excellent for me with a covering garment just behind the hip. Other times I carry an LCR in my front pocket. That works for me it's up to you to figure out which is best for what you are wearing on any given day.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    OK sorral stand up make your finger pistol and try a few draws and you will see this is not the case. Many law enforcement agencies use these types of holsters and they work. Also it's "Flagging yourself" not "Flashing yourself." The non-gun hand moves the coat aside and is out of the way of the pistol. Try it.[/QUOTE]

Sorral, you are correct. There is absolutly no way to draw a gun from a shoulder holster, are a holster at the small of the back, with out sweeping some part of your body. Any time the barrel of the gun crosses any part of the body, it is called sweeping. It's not a good idea to sweep any part of your body while drawing a fire arm due to the posibility of AD (accidental discharge). Do these holsters work? Yes they do, but they are not for everyone. Personally, I do not use either. Not because of the fact that I have to sweep an arm, or a leg to draw my gun, but because I find them uncomfortable.
  7. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

I think most of the SOB holsters come with a $25 coupon towards the
    purchase of a walker from the busted spine you received from said holster. :D
  8. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I think it's for physical therapy once the broken vertebrae heal. Every 15th appointment you get one free.
  9. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Anyone remember the Irish Rovers and the "Humpty back camels"? Well that is what you look like if you carry in an "SOB" holster and have to tie a shoelace.

(But they look great on the TV hero.)

Jim