The Firearms Forum banner

Small primer for 45acp

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  whip 
#1 ·
Does anyone know anything about BLAZER using small primers in 45 acp. Is the reloading data available?

#2 ·
ist off,if your talking about aluminum cases,they should not be reloaded.stress is different than on brass and dosnt show like brass.i do know of people reloading 45acp with small pistol priimers but i do not know where they got their info.i will try to find out for you. old semperfi

#3 ·
Im gonna move this post to ammo and reloading.

But to answer your question. If you have a good supply of the BRASS cases witht eh small primer pocket just use SP primers and any listed data.

I have enough LP brass in .45ACP to not bother with those pesky small pocket boogers but thats just me. It is good brass and i have reloaded it and made reliable ammo with it.. Its just a PITA to keep separate..

#6 ·
It does piss me off. I like to buy once fired brass and here recently its been about 100-150 per 1000 mixed in there. i hate sorting them

#7 ·
I believe that much of the non toxic .45 ammo sold is the small primer. My son brought me a bucket of small primer .45s from a LEO qualifying shoot. I reloaded it with small primers and my normal load and it worked great. The down side is sorting it from the large primer ammo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.