The Firearms Forum banner

Smart Carry Holster System

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Blackshirts 
#1 ·
Summer time is here, and I just wanted to put in a plug for a holster I've been using for the last 8, or 10, years. Deep Concealment.

http://www.smartcarry.com/

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
I bought one of these from here several years ago.
http://thunderwear.com/
I got one for a 380 bug but never wore it much...not sure who was around first but I think these folks were the originals...

#5 ·
Smart Carry came out in the early 90's, Thunder wear says they have over 10 years of satisfied customers. That makes me believe that Thunder wear is the late comer. They liked the Smart Carry holster, thought they could do a better job, made their version of the holster, and marked it better. I say marked it better because you will actually see commercials for their gear on TV, but not the smart carry. It doesn't matter which one you choose though, they are about the same in construction, and cost. Either wood work well.

#3 ·
how does it work with "dunlaped" problems? as in my belly "dunlaped" over my belt?

#4 · (Edited)
To be honest, I suffer from a little of that dunlap disease too, and I've never tried it with pants on, and a belt. I use mine for summer carry. A pic of me with a Smart Carry Holster in summer wear. I'm carrying a 1911A, and a spare 10 round mag.

Attachments

#6 ·
A fanny pack for guys unwilling to risk their masculinity of being seen with a fanny pack.:)

I carry a Glock and even being cautious I am not willing to attempt to push that past my shirt, belt, pants waist and underwear waist to get to the holster. Too many obstacles for a firearm without a true safety.

#7 ·
A fanny pack for guys unwilling to risk their masculinity of being seen with a fanny pack.
Draw your pistol from a fanny pack, and I'll draw from my Smart Carry! Let's see who can get into action first!:D Plus, I don't have to worry about loosing my pistol due to off body carry!

#8 ·
Thunderwear apparently came out around the same time, maybe a year or two later. They were established in 1995.

#10 ·
Wearing it in a belted pant like in the video would render you having 0 hands available for a close encounter while drawing. It would add extra time to draw without your weak hand pulling your pants out of the way.

I don't use a fanny pack or this. I only wear belted pants or belted shorts so my Blackhawk holster suffices for winter and summer carry. Not saying this is a bad product, just the first thing that popped in my head when seeing this was it looks like a concealed fanny pack. I still wouldn't suggest anyone carrying a Glock or other with no external safety to use this unless you carry with the chamber empty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.