Smelling a little BS here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryan_marine, Sep 20, 2005.

1. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

I am helping a budy of mine who works on mausers. He is doing mine. I need to get a 25-06 finish reamer. I can get a new one from midway for $85. I found one on fleabay for $30. Now is when things are starting to stink. The one on auction states the guy know nothing about it. But almost all of his auctions(both current and completed) are about guns. He has a perfect feed back. So do I buy the used one or not? I don't want a bad barrel and reamer. What do you all think that I should do? I am thinking about spending the extra for the one on midway.

Ray
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Ray, the one on ebay is more than likely used. It may be sharp and then again it may not. It may be in spec, an then it may not. A new one will be sharp and in spec. Choose wisely young grasshopper! ;) :D :D :D
  3. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Buy the new one. Atleast that way you know you will get quality.
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Why don't you look at the 257 Ackley Improved. It will do everything your 25-06 will do with 3 grains less powder and less recoil. I own two of them and would never go to a 25-06.
  5. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Ryan If U can hang on 4 a day or 2 I will chek wit ma bud who is afulltime GS an bought a pile of reloadin crap a week or 2 ago. will e him tonite an have an answer tomorrow an don t Bleeve nuthin that wetbak from chipflippin country tells ya IB no speek wit 4ked tonge :cool:
  6. ryan_marine

ryan_marine New Member

Because I am already set up for the 26-06. Also I don't mind recoil. I would like to but that would be about another $100 or more in supplies.

IBTRUKN, I got plenty of time. It will be pay day when I buy the barrel.

Ray