1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

smith and wesson 22A1

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by rick's red dawg, Feb 22, 2009.

1. rick's red dawg

rick's red dawg New Member

i just purchased a 22a1 and was wondering if any of you have had any experience with one i really like the feel of it and cant wait to get to hunt some small game with it it is camo and has a camo red dot on it not sure if i will like the red dot may end up with a pistol scope of some sort any comments will be appreciated
  2. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I had one and gave it to my grandson to plink with. I couldn't get the rear sight low enough at 25 yards, sent it back to the factory, took six weeks to get back, and all they did was bend the sight. I bought a Ruger MK III. Maybe you'll be luckier. Another member had nothing but trouble with his also.
  3. cec

cec New Member

My father has a 22a1 and it is working fine. Being used, it did need a good cleaning. The only "issue" was one of the plastic spring clips went missing. A call to SW and they send a few along free of charge.
  4. pawn

pawn Active Member

+1 on that Ruger MKIII Tom :D
  5. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Love mine, the only fault I can find is that is a bit hard on the recoil buffers I replace about every 500 rnds.
    If you bought new they should have had 2 extra in the box. They are inexpensive from Midway

[​IMG]
  6. sr1911a1

sr1911a1 New Member

I have had mine for some years now. When I first got it i had some trouble with light hits with the fireing pin,regardless of the brand of ammo. Sent it in to S&W and they replaced the whole receiver on it on it. Zero problems from then on. A really fun gun to shoot. I have rugers also and they are great guns,But i usually take the Smith when I go to the range. Easy to clean also. I would buy another one.
  7. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

I have a truglo 8030 B2 on my SW22a and it is deadly on squirrels. I have not had any trouble with the pistol except finding a holster to carry it with the red dot on.
  8. rick's red dawg

rick's red dawg New Member

thanks for your replies i took it out yesterday and shot a box of shells out of it and it performed a whole lot better than i did i am sure if you do your job this gun will certainly do its part wish the weather would have been better i certainly would have shot a lot more i think i will be happy with it