smith and wesson 22A1

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by rick's red dawg, Feb 22, 2009.

1. rick's red dawg

rick's red dawg New Member

i just purchased a 22a1 and was wondering if any of you have had any experience with one i really like the feel of it and cant wait to get to hunt some small game with it it is camo and has a camo red dot on it not sure if i will like the red dot may end up with a pistol scope of some sort any comments will be appreciated
  2. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I had one and gave it to my grandson to plink with. I couldn't get the rear sight low enough at 25 yards, sent it back to the factory, took six weeks to get back, and all they did was bend the sight. I bought a Ruger MK III. Maybe you'll be luckier. Another member had nothing but trouble with his also.
  3. cec

cec New Member

My father has a 22a1 and it is working fine. Being used, it did need a good cleaning. The only "issue" was one of the plastic spring clips went missing. A call to SW and they send a few along free of charge.
  4. pawn

pawn Active Member

+1 on that Ruger MKIII Tom :D
  5. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Love mine, the only fault I can find is that is a bit hard on the recoil buffers I replace about every 500 rnds.
    If you bought new they should have had 2 extra in the box. They are inexpensive from Midway

[​IMG]
  6. sr1911a1

sr1911a1 New Member

I have had mine for some years now. When I first got it i had some trouble with light hits with the fireing pin,regardless of the brand of ammo. Sent it in to S&W and they replaced the whole receiver on it on it. Zero problems from then on. A really fun gun to shoot. I have rugers also and they are great guns,But i usually take the Smith when I go to the range. Easy to clean also. I would buy another one.
  7. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

I have a truglo 8030 B2 on my SW22a and it is deadly on squirrels. I have not had any trouble with the pistol except finding a holster to carry it with the red dot on.
  8. rick's red dawg

rick's red dawg New Member

thanks for your replies i took it out yesterday and shot a box of shells out of it and it performed a whole lot better than i did i am sure if you do your job this gun will certainly do its part wish the weather would have been better i certainly would have shot a lot more i think i will be happy with it