smith and wesson 4006 help

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by johnlives4christ, Jul 24, 2009.

1. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i need help, the gunsmith tells me that he thinks the 4006 has a spring that supports the bottom of the action bar as to hold it up a tad farther to help the trigger engage it. my gun doesnt have anything like this. it doesnt look like it ever did either. the only schematic i can find for it is from numerich, but it is only a referance schematic, not one for my exact model. the gunsmith isn't sure though, and i think he is wrong, but in the schematic it shows a few parts that aren't present in my gun, which i attribute to my gun being a generation 3 gun and the schematic being that of a generation 1.

so some help would be good, info or pictures. i'd love a picture showing the field stripped frame from a top veiw.

the gun functions perfectly, and there is no signs of wear or anything amiss, but it's been pestering me and since i dont have another one for comparison, this is the next best thing i expect.

thanks

~john
  2. johnlives4christ

i guess noone can help with my query
  3. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

4. johnlives4christ

i dont know. the model printed on the gun is just 4006. would it be marked differantly if it was one of the variations, and what are the differances?

~john
  5. johnlives4christ

i have seen this schematic. and the one at numerich. they are the same. and the schematic shows parts that aren't in my gun. but that doesnt always mean they are supposed to be. thats why i really would like to see someone elses gun for comparison.
  6. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

7. johnlives4christ

i still am in need of a help on this subject. the schematics all show the parts that i am not sure about. if someone would be willing to photograph their 4006, frame, field stripped, for me it would probably answer my question.
  8. johnlives4christ

well i think that my question is resolved. i have contacted smith and wesson and they told me my gun indeed have the parts in question. and they said probably that the parts had broken off at some point. they then said they would mail me new ones at no charge. so i went ahead and bought a replacement recoil spring while i was at it. the gunsmith also has a recoil spring for me so. i'll have an extra.

~john
  9. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

John, I just read your request for a photo of a field stripped 4006. Do you still need this photo? I dont' have the best camera in the world, but the image might be recognizable.
  10. johnlives4christ

it would help me. because i've never seen the parts installed, it would help me to orient them correctly.
  11. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

If they are sending you the spring I'm thinking of, then what you probably want are pictures of the trigger bar itself with the trigger play spring installed. This is a flat-spring on the action bar itself and is not on the frame. I don't have a 4006 laying around, but I have a 4566 that I can show you a action bar.. that will show you how this spring is positioned if you think it will help.

Attached Files:

12. johnlives4christ