Smith and Wesson Coke Grips

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by muddober, Feb 2, 2011.

1. muddober

muddober Active Member

I was looking for a pair of original Coke bottle style Smith and Wesson grips to put on an old 4 screw 44 mag I picked up that has a pair of Pachmayrs on it. I found a pair of old Smith and Wesson N frame target grips with the diamond at the screw hole for sale but they were not the Coke bottle style that came on all the old 4 and 5 screw 44 mags. My question is what did these non Coke bottle old style diamond target grips originally come on? I was under the impression that all the old style N frame target grips with the diamonds were Cokes, but apparently that is not the case.

Ron
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  2. muddober

muddober Active Member

Can anyone please tell me why this thread was not posted?

Ron
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Ron, I saw the post earlier in the morning. I think it posted OK. Sorry I don't have answer for you on it though.
  4. muddober

muddober Active Member

Thank you Helix, for a while I thought I was on here by myself.:confused:

Ron
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

It seems that you are right about them only being for the N frame revolvers but it seems many reproductions of them are for the J and L frames too. Not S&W factory but they seem like nice replacements. About a year ago I was at a gunshow and found a set of Coke bottle grips. I don't own a N frame so I thought nothing of it but I did remember the price. 300.00:eek:

http://www.eaglegrips.com/guns/Classic-Grips-For-Double-Action.html