Smith And Wesson Tip-Up Pistol

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by michaelv, Feb 13, 2011.

1. michaelv

michaelv New Member

I have an old Smith And Wesson Tip-Up Pistol and just want to find out how to open it up (tip-up the barrel). It's in less-than-fair condition, so it might be frozen. Thank you for any assistance.

Attached Files:

2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

That is a Model 1 1/2 First Issue, caliber .32 rimfire.

See those rounded lugs just below and in front of the cylinder? You should be able to grip those and pull straight up toward the barrel and allow the barrel to swing forward and up.

If things are frozen, I recommend soaking the front of the gun (careful with the grips) in a solvent for a few days and see what happens.

Jim
  3. michaelv

michaelv New Member

Much appreciated, - I did try to mess around with the lugs and the gun is frozen. I'll see about soaking it in a solvent.

Thanks,

Mike
  4. red14

red14 New Member

Definitely a nice little piece of history.

Let us know how it works out.