Smith Enterprises M14

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by dartswinger, Dec 10, 2011.

1. dartswinger

dartswinger New Member

What's the story on Smith Enterprises' M14? I got one of these back in late '80s. It's true M14, not reweld or conversion, decent accuracy; flawless function in both modes. I've been trying to see what the current value might be and have surfed any auction site dealing in class 3 I could find. I find very few transferable M14s, some H&Rs and some M1a converted but I find no listing for the Smith Enterprises. I can find numerous of their semis. I did see a site that claimed there were very few of the selectfire versions in private hands. My SN is in the 130's.
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

The Smith Enterprises guns show up, but only rarely. Real world estimate $20K-$25K. Here is what the switch should look like:

[​IMG]
  3. dartswinger

dartswinger New Member

Yep, that's what I have. Even the markings (what I can see, are the same, except the number of course). Are there only just a few out there?
  4. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Yes, very limited production of true M14 receivers prior to 1986.

Attached Files:

5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

That receiver heel is quite a bit longer than a GI M14, so I guess Smith made their own receivers. The selector and connector look like GI and probably are.

Jim