Smith & Wessom Mod. 1913 in .35acp

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

GunHawk
    (9/2/01 12:07:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Smith & Wessom Mod. 1913 in .35acp
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a really nice S&W Model 1913 .35 semi auto. There were about 8000+ made and I have ser.#19xx.

Any S&W collector boards to direct me to? Any S&W nuts out there want to know about my gun? Ihave never seen one before I came to own this on. Apropriate value?

Thanks ahead of time!

GunHawk
    -----------------------------
    "Fill your hands you son-of-a-b---h!" Rooster Cogburn

AntiqueDr
    (9/2/01 12:20:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Smith & Wessom Mod. 1913 in .35acp
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, the .35 auto version was the first of two similar pistols. S&W decided that the new cartridge was killing the sales (they were right) so they redesigned for the .32 auto. The .32 auto pistol is much rarer and much more valuable.

Realistic value on the .35's are $350-$400. They show up on auction here from time to time with higher asking prices, but they don't move.

Your pistol is a good addition to any S&W collection.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

obelix2
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/01 2:12:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del I have a few cartridges for the .35
    Not many, but there aren't many around. I have no idea whether these will fire as I have never come across the equivalent pistol at a reasonable price. My understanding, though, is that most people who used them loaded .32 acp. This would challenge accuracy, of course, which may be why S&W soon abandoned the calibre.

Edited by: obelix2 at: 9/3/01 12:17:37 pm

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/2/01 3:30:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: I have a few cartridges for the .35
    I believe Gun Runner John has one of these - look further down in this forum (back a page or two) I believe he posted a picture of his.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

GunHawk
    (9/2/01 6:25:28 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del S&W 1913 .35 cal. semi auto pistol
    Thank you gentlemen! I went back two pages and saw that he has the exact same S&W 1913 that I have in .35 S&W. Hard to believe they are popping up on the auction sites as often as you see them! Mine is currently posted on GunBroker. The only thing I collect is dust. But it sure is fun having them for awhile!

GunHawk
    ------------------------
    "Fill your hands you son-of-a-b---h!" Rooster Cogburn

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/9/01 5:32:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: S&W 1913 .35 cal. semi auto pistol
    I paid $350 for mine a few months back, and it's in pretty nice shape. I can't see the $600 and up prices I see them posted at, but there's one born every minute.