Smith & Wesson Customer Service

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Brass Tacks, May 16, 2012.

1. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

Last month I purchased a S&W M&P22-12. The first pull of the trigger at the range was a misfire. The weapon had a thorough cleaning the night before. After several hundred rounds of four different brands the misfire rate was running 10-15%. These were due to light primer strikes. Even the rounds that ignited were light, compared to any .22 I've owned. All the rounds that misfired in the M&P fired perfectly in my Ruger.

Monday I filled out the form on the S&W web site to return the pistol for repair. Today (Wednesday) I received an email with the FedEx shipping label. The email included shipping instructions. I called FedEx at the number provided for home pickup. Not 30 minutes later the driver was at my door! Yea FedEx, now just don't loose it or destroy it.

Now I'll see first hand how S&W handles this. The S&W Store is already on my list for saying the magazines for this pistol were in stock when they weren't.

Except for the above problem I do like the pistol. A fair trigger and a good feel in my hand. Sights are acceptable. Very good accuracy also. I wouldn't mind a few more ounces of weight.
  2. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie Member

Brass my wife bought one about the same time you did. Over 500rds and not a single problem