Smith & Wesson M&P 40 Cal

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by starman, Aug 25, 2009.

1. starman

starman New Member

Found this pistol with low round count for $450, S&W M&P 4.25" barrel with hi-cap mag's and still boxed like new. Do you guy's think its worth it. I've also heard the the springs on these auto's may need replacing every 500 to 1000 rounds is this true and is this a do it yourself job or a gunsmith duty and if so how much does this cost.
  2. techoca

techoca New Member

The M&P 40 is a good pistol. My partner bought one in March. We ran about 5 or 6 hundred rounds through it with no problems. It was stolen out of his night stand in June.:mad: I prefer the M&P 10 to 1 over my Glock 23. For me it's the grip on the M&P that is so much better than the Glock. The M&P shoots lead fine, not cool in a Glock. I don't know about the spring question, but I don't believe that is true. I think my partner paid $525.00 + tax for his.

Someone should move this thread.;)
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009