1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Smith & Wesson Model 4046

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by madjack, Sep 28, 2005.

1. madjack

madjack New Member

Hey folks,

First post here. Glad to be among you.
    Anyone here know anything pro or con about the S&W 4046 that they would care to share? I am looking at one that is a police trade in and the shop wants $220 for it with three magazines. Is this a good deal or should I shop around? I've never shot DAO before.
    Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Welcome, I had a Smith % wesson Model 4006 that I liked just fine, I would think that would be a good price, but i am no expert, I am sure one of them will be along shortly
  3. lead

lead Well-Known Member

My local shop has a 4053, with 2 clips, and they want $325. I think it sounds like a good deal. Most of these police trade-ins have been shot very little. Most of the wear and tear come from being carried in the holster. If it is the kind of gun you want, get it. S&W 40's have a good reputation.
    Also, welcome to the forum. :D
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  4. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

I know next to nothing about gun values, but 220.00 sounds good to me. Less than a brake job at auto shop.