Smith & Wesson Model 4046

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by madjack, Sep 28, 2005.

1. madjack

madjack New Member

Hey folks,

First post here. Glad to be among you.
    Anyone here know anything pro or con about the S&W 4046 that they would care to share? I am looking at one that is a police trade in and the shop wants $220 for it with three magazines. Is this a good deal or should I shop around? I've never shot DAO before.
    Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Welcome, I had a Smith % wesson Model 4006 that I liked just fine, I would think that would be a good price, but i am no expert, I am sure one of them will be along shortly
  3. lead

lead Well-Known Member

My local shop has a 4053, with 2 clips, and they want $325. I think it sounds like a good deal. Most of these police trade-ins have been shot very little. Most of the wear and tear come from being carried in the holster. If it is the kind of gun you want, get it. S&W 40's have a good reputation.
    Also, welcome to the forum. :D
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  4. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

I know next to nothing about gun values, but 220.00 sounds good to me. Less than a brake job at auto shop.