Smith & Wesson or nothing!

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

rhinoman
    (1/3/03 7:36:35 pm)
    Reply Smith and Wesson or nothing!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Was at the gun shop today. Due to Ma regulations you cannot get a new 1911 in Ma! Yes you heard that right. Ma requires gun manufacturers to send 10 guns of any MODEL they want approved for sale so they can run it through a bunch of Nobody that makes 1911's has done that. What I would have to do is buy a used 1911 and have it sent out to be customized. My dealer recommended I wait a few weeks for the new S&W and that out to be customized. Now that's gun control. Don't move here. Save yourselves! It's too late for me.
    The fight for freedom is not fought overseas in distant lands with guns, missles and bombs. It is fought here with words, pen and paper and I fear, we are loosing it.

Dague
    (1/3/03 7:43:30 pm)
    Reply yea..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    its like us here in CA. all guns for sale have to be on a list , otherwise cant buy em. (unless private party transfers) plus the guns gotta come with an approved trigger lock. and PLUS now u gotta give a thumbprint and take 2 safety tests before u can get your gun.

rhinoman
    (1/3/03 9:13:51 pm)
    Reply Re: yea..
    Full set of fingerprints here in Ma! Must take approved course, interview with issuing authority, than he/she will (after you've spent $125 average) decide if you may get a permit. You need the permit before you can purchase any approved firearm. All private transfers have to go through a gun dealer. Oh wait, than they're not really private transfers are they? Of course, it's all just a bunch of reasonable restrictions! They don't INFRINGE on our second amendment rights?
    The fight for freedom is not fought overseas in distant lands with guns, missles and bombs. It is fought here with words, pen and paper and I fear, we are loosing it.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/3/03 10:36:12 pm)
    Re: yea..
    You guys are not screaming enough about this.

There should be marches on the state capitols every night on the news.

Where is the NRA? They sure as heck do not have a officail presence in SD, I would think they should at least be helping you on the right and left coast?????
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

Dague
    (1/4/03 12:44:29 am)
    Reply yea.
    ive been thinking of a march, thousands of people, bringing their guns, and marching at the state capitol. that would send a REALLY CLEAR message to them.
    but unfortunately ppl dont seem to want to do that.

Roger1113
    (1/4/03 4:32:27 am)
    Reply Here is an idea!
    Rhinoman and I have had this conversation before, and thank you for your kind word Rhinoman, they struck a cord with me. Do you guys think the same as me, that we need a new Firearms Association? Dont get me wrong I think the NRA does a great job, but they cannot be everywhere at once. I would have no idea how to set one up, but i am willing to stand up and be counted, our second ammendment rights cannot and should not be infringed upon in any way, here is a thought - some people refer to the second ammendment as the right of militia to bear arms, tell me if America was ever invaded who becomes the militia then? Interesting thought eh? Let us all stand up for our rights, unfortunatley it is becoming more of a privalege than a right!

rhinoman
    (1/4/03 12:45:00 pm)
    Reply Re: Here is an idea!
    Hey guys. Roger, the NRA supported the NICS. It cost millions of dollars and rarely does it actually catch criminals. What typically happens is someone doesn't even realize they have a "criminal" record. Often times records are just mixed up. So when you hear the NICS has stopped 20,000 violent offenders from obtaining firearms, think again. I know a guy who had marched with Dr Martin Luther king Jr.. He still had a federal record and NCIS keep him from buying more guns. The man already had been shooting for years and had many firearms. Once NCIS was in place though, his problem began. In time and at little expense the problem was fixed. This is typical of "the violent offenders" NCIS catches. The atypical part is the ease that this man was able to fix his problem. He knew people in high places, lets just leave it at that. They have supported many restrictions when you examine their record. The second amendment does not grant us the right to keep and bear arms. That as I said is an inalienable right that cannot be taken away. The first part of the second amendment is just stating thee biggest reason why that right cannot be infringed upon. If we want to remain a free people, the people must continue to be allowed to keep and bear arms and in no way at all shall this right be infringed upon. There is no other way to interpret the second amendment. Those who say that right exist for the militia only and pretend you can interpret the second that way are full of bologna. They are hoping we have not done our homework (I do). As for a march on the state capitol. Yes it should be done and has been done. We cannot however bring our firearms as Boston has it's own second amendment violations in place that are even more stringent than the state! GOAL is our state pro-gun lobby they are good but need more support. If you live in Ma join GOAL. I'm a member of the NRA but they could do a much better job. They compromise way to much when there's no reason to. As a matter of fact when you compromise on the second you are just as guilty as the anti-gunners of violating it! Shall not be infringed upon. It doesn't say may be infringed upon if said infringement is endorsed by the NRA. The NRA of course is a group and as members we need to let our stand be known. I think that I shall talk with GOAL and see about another march on Beacon Hill. The march should be several months in the planning that way professional people could make arrangements for the day off. I would love to march on Beacon Hill than 1600 Pennsylvania ave! We can make a difference but we must not back down and we must be very well organized. Our pro-gun lobbyist do not, cannot, do the job, we must! Every year and every election brings new violations of our second amendments and we celebrate what we call victory when the anti-gunners fail to pass all of there new regulations. We call that victory? They shoot (pun intended) for ten laws they get six. We lose again and again.

Silver72
    (1/4/03 6:06:22 pm)
    Reply Hmmmmm...
    so that's why all these people are moving to Tejas!

JayL
    (1/5/03 11:35:34 am)
    Reply Re: Hmmmmm...
    That's one pretty good reason, although, sadly, Texas is only less in violation of the Second Amendment than many states, rather than in compliance.

Folks in Texas do have a better general attitude toward the Bill of Rights than those in a lot of other places, and more respect for personal freedom, but even that is eroding slightly in some parts of the state. Increasing urbanization resulting from the mass migration of people into the state because of High Tech jobs (with a lot of those folks being VERY liberal) is in danger of spoiling things.

Having said all that, Tejas is still the best place on earth to live, and I would strongly encourage anyone with a proper attitude toward freedom to COME ON DOWN! We need all we can get!
    Jay L

"Move, Shoot, Communicate!"