Smith & Wesson SD 9 or/vs. Ruger P95

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by hoodedmonk, Jan 11, 2012.

?

SD9 vs. P95

Poll closed Jan 13, 2012.
  1. SD 9mm

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. P95

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

Sorry, I'm the one who loves the SD but missed the voting part. Only thing is now, I also love my Ruger SR9c. I carry both (not at the same time:)- also use the SD as bedside gun with my Mossberg-
  2. sctt77

sctt77 New Member

i was looking at the eea 357 but i found a ruger p95 i think it was in 9mm that i like alot so i think ill be spending the 100 extra to get it im on a budget as well not much to play wit around 350-400 . does anyone know about the keltec ? are they any good?
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

4. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

I bought (I mean Santa brought) the wife a P95 for Christmas. She went through the 300th round yesterday with only one FTF and that was a 1st round of a fresh mag. It's a quality product, as are each Ruger I've owned. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

6. Juker

Juker New Member

I should add that the Ruger P95 comes with a non-articulated metal "speedloader" that makes a decent paperweight. If you can get this item to work, you are way ahead of most people on the planet.

You'll want to invest in a HKS 940 speedloader, which is a marvel of engineering and affordably priced ($9.99), and will provide you with years of expedient, satisfying magazine-loading enjoyment. Loading the P95 mags by hand without a speedloader is somewhat taxing on one's digits (to wit, darn near impossible).

p.s. If I had known Double D when I bought my P95, I would have bought it from him. :)
  7. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member