1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Smith & Wesson SD 9 or/vs. Ruger P95

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by hoodedmonk, Jan 11, 2012.

?

SD9 vs. P95

Poll closed Jan 13, 2012.
  1. SD 9mm

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. P95

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

Sorry, I'm the one who loves the SD but missed the voting part. Only thing is now, I also love my Ruger SR9c. I carry both (not at the same time:)- also use the SD as bedside gun with my Mossberg-
  2. sctt77

sctt77 New Member

i was looking at the eea 357 but i found a ruger p95 i think it was in 9mm that i like alot so i think ill be spending the 100 extra to get it im on a budget as well not much to play wit around 350-400 . does anyone know about the keltec ? are they any good?
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

4. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

I bought (I mean Santa brought) the wife a P95 for Christmas. She went through the 300th round yesterday with only one FTF and that was a 1st round of a fresh mag. It's a quality product, as are each Ruger I've owned. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

6. Juker

Juker New Member

I should add that the Ruger P95 comes with a non-articulated metal "speedloader" that makes a decent paperweight. If you can get this item to work, you are way ahead of most people on the planet.

You'll want to invest in a HKS 940 speedloader, which is a marvel of engineering and affordably priced ($9.99), and will provide you with years of expedient, satisfying magazine-loading enjoyment. Loading the P95 mags by hand without a speedloader is somewhat taxing on one's digits (to wit, darn near impossible).

p.s. If I had known Double D when I bought my P95, I would have bought it from him. :)
  7. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member