Smith & Wesson

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by acal, Oct 18, 2003.

1. acal

acal New Member

I have a blued Smith & Wesson, .22LR, 4 inch bbl., ser. no. 20756 with with recessed cylinder chambers. It is a J Frame, but the box indicated a K-34 frame. Which is it-a K-34 kit gun or a J frame----?
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Welcome Acal to TFF. Glad you decided to post here. Gonna need more info in this gun. Can you tell us what is written on the barrel and also the frame? Mainly inside the cylinder? That will help us identify it! Thanks
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Welcome acal!!! If you can post up a couple of pictures too!...If you need help posting them up, give us a holler!...:)
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Acal.......and welcome to TFF.

That K-34 is confusing, isn't it. It was introduced in 1936 as the .22-32 Kit Gun and until 1960 was actually built on the "I" frame.....sorta halfway between the "J" and "K" frames. Since 1960 when the improved "J" frame was introduced, it's been built on that frame.

Why is a "J" frame gun called a K-34? I dunno....why is a .357 called a .38? Just "the way it is", I guess. :D

Anyway, it you'd like to know the value:

Exc. - $300

V.G. - $250

Good - $200

In any case, they're a sweet little shooter.......have fun!