The Firearms Forum banner

Smokeless Powder Question

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SIGP220 
#1 ·
I got an e-mail from Hogdon this morning confirming that their HP-38 powder was identical to Winchester 231, except that Hogdon now makes Winchester powders, and their 231 is simply in a different container. Several sites have the HP-38 for less.
Second, does Hogdon have either and IDENTICAL or equivalent powder to the Winchester 296 for the .357 and .44 magnum? I have been shooting firearms since I was 10 years old, but am new to reloading, and wanted to buy a fair amount of smokeless powder in smaller 1 pound bottles for better storage long-term.
Also, is everyone having as much trouble finding primers? I DO know one person well ahead of the curve and he has about 25,000 or so, properly stored, also lead, antimony, tin, melting pots and molds, etc. Lots of etc. If he had any more, he would certainly need one of those proposed "armory" licenses.:) Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
H110 is the same stuff as WW296. Same formula, made in the same powder mill (in St. Marks, Florida), for the same people. Just in a different bottle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.