1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Smokin Guns Paris Kentucky

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by RodinKy, Feb 9, 2011.

1. RodinKy

RodinKy Member

Don't spend your hard earned money at this rip off store. I purchased a new Ruger Mini 14 from here, it wouldn't function properly and they refused to refund my money. So if you are thinking of buying a weapon from these folks you had better think again.
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

never been to paris kentucky.

did you ask for a refund only or did you consider an exchange. i can see them not giving a refund, but i cant see them not working with you to make it right. i know there is a lot of gun stores that wont just anti up a refund when a customer complains that a gun isnt working right. if the gun is new it will be covered under warranty and the gun store should have contacted ruger on your behalf
  3. RodinKy

RodinKy Member

John, they offered me a refund but it was $200 less than the original price, he thought I was born in the dark the night before. He also offered to send it back to Ruger but I just cannot trust this firearm. It jams and that is not acceptable for a new firearm out of the box. I always thought Ruger was a reputable brand. I had one previously and never had a problem. But this store owner had such an attitude that I just can't recommend his store to anyone. I'll sell it or trade it one of these days.
  4. johnlives4christ

okay i see.

well aside from the store owner, i would consider calling ruger and explaining the problem. most likely they would pay shipping both ways to have your rifle fixed for you. ruger is a reputable company and they have good customer service.
  5. RodinKy

RodinKy Member

Ruger has agreed to return the piece at their expense but that is not what I want. Even if they went through the entire rifle I still would not trust it to function correctly. By the way are you going to the show at Louisville on the 26th?
  6. johnlives4christ

if i had the funds id make an offer on the mini. i wouldnt have a problem with the mini after ruger worked the problems out. it's probably something simple like an extractor or ejector. you're the one thats got to be comfortable with it though.

probably aint going to the show since i aint got the funds to buy another right now and i dont like to just look.
  7. 5string

5string Member

send it back to ruger, no sense selling a new gun to someone else that malfunctions ,when you can have it fixed.
  8. RodinKy

RodinKy Member

Update, got a call Friday from the store manager, I guess he just found out about this situation and another letter from BBB. He offered to refund my money and I picked it up yesterday.
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I'm glad that you got this resolved. Usually, the seller does not warranty the product that they sell, the manufacturer does. I know, Wall Mart will take back a product that they sell if it malfunctions, but they are a mega store, and can afford the shipping prices to keep their coustomers satisfied. The small shops lose money shipping things back, and forth. Always check to see how far the store is willing to go if you purchase a malfuctioning product from them, what is their "return policy".
  10. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

I have a Ruger SP101 327 Fed Mag that was sticking cases in the cylinders after they were fired, Ruger paid shipping both ways and replaced most of the parts in the gun under warranty. Runs like a champ now and I have no regrets. Every manufacturer has an issue or two, if they offer to make it right, give 'em the chance to make it right. Your gunshop made about 12 dollars on that gun, they didn't build it and the gun maker has a warranty for a reason.
  11. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i dont think you have had many semi autos,it is not unusual for them to jam when new,they generally have a break in period just like anything else mechanical.i will not tell you that if you buy another semi auto it will jam also,but dont be surprised.the ammo or mag could of been to blame. old semperfi
  12. RodinKy

RodinKy Member

Thanks guys, you pointed out that I'm a total idiot about most everything, however I got my cash back and I'm happy. My new Double Star AR15 hasn't jammed or misfired a round since I got it. Also in my 59 years on this earth, I've never had a new rifle act like this Mini 14 did and whether you believe it or not I've owned several semiauto firearms.
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    No you are not an idiot! My brother is the idiot. He bought a Remington 270 semi that jams all the time. Instead of sending it back to Remington, he just complains about it, and the shop that sold him the gun. I suppose he's happy!