1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

snake slayer??

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by rosierita, Apr 4, 2005.

1. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D i saw 1 of these at the gun shop last wk. i want 1!! mainly to look at. :D (troy wants 1 to shoot tho! :p )

i wasnt sure where to post this gun, i dont really know what to consider it. LOL!

snake slayer

[​IMG]

eta ~ what are your thoughts??
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Looks like a Derringer to me! Did I miss that one. I looked at the 22 oz weight and misread .22 calibre.

I had one in a .38 which was wicked. Mine had about a 50# trigger pull!

I wouldn't even try one in .45 or .410 after my experience with the .38.....
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Fired one once. Dang near ripped my palm off. Those things cause permanent flinch! Not for me. Try a snake charmer in 410 caliber.
  4. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:eek: that's what i was thinking! (about ripping your palm off :D ) i'll have to check out the snake charmer. :D
    i keep thinking about the recoil on my 38 when i see this thing. i know for sure i dont want to shoot it. :D
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

I fired a Derringer in .38 Special once.......I don't even want to think about one in Colt .45! :confused:
  6. Marlin

Once was enough for me, too, Racer!!!!!!

Our gunsmith thought it'd be just right for my wife to carry at a time we had a very volitile case going and had been threatened and routinely shot at when at home.

She never fired it and we took it back. She couldn't even fire it dry because of that 50# trigger pull. After that experience, she carried the Baby Browning for months.
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

You think I'd shoot that thing??? :eek: :eek: No thanks, I prefer my hand and wrist UNbroken, thank you very much! :D
  8. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D no doubt!! ever since i posted this, my carpal tunnel has been giving me a FIT! :D :confused: i wonder if that is why?? LOL! :D
  9. Marlin

Dern, Rosie, and sorry to hear it. CTS is nothing to laugh at and all the more reason why you sure don't want to shoot that little monster, either.
  10. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

oh yeah! for sure! LOL! fortunately i have escaped so far w/o surgery marlin. i have to get my brace out sometimes & wear it at night (i can never wear it during the day, life is just too busy :rolleyes: ). i've been dealing w/ this since i was 15 tho. :eek: :rolleyes:

:confused: i cant think of anything specific that has caused this little "flare-up", so i'm blaming it on this "little" gun. :D
  11. MisterEd

MisterEd Member

How can this even be legal in the "shotgun" mode?
  12. stash247

stash247 New Member

If that's an American Derringer, from Waco, Tx, you have a real tempest in a teacup; Ms Liz Saunders is a great lady, delivering a quality product!
    If you can buy it for less than $300, it's a gift.
    Buy it, try it, call me if you don't like it, and I'll give you your money back- I'd LOVE to have another one!
  13. stash247

stash247 New Member

Please 'scuse my previous post; missed the link.
    Can't speak to the Bond Arms issue; I WOULD buy another American Derringer gun in the same caliber, and gladly!
  14. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    Years ago a buddy of mine bought one of those...took it to the range the first time...I was standing about 10' behind him when he fired it...caught it as it sailed through the air over his head. As far as I know, he still has it and 49 rounds of 45 Long Colt ammo.

Not for the faint of heart and I would shoot it ONLY IF IT WAS THE ONLY THING I HAD!!!!!!

John
  15. Neil

Neil New Member

I had a Derringer in a .35 or .32(can't remember) I was storing it for family in my safe, Just looking at it and then my Banana hands and thought Heck No. My Smith 442 would disapear in my plam so I would surely not beable to manage that little bugger.