Snap-on Lockback

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by jondar, Jul 17, 2010.

1. jondar

jondar New Member

I bought this yesterday in a flea market for five dollars. Never knew Snap-on made knives. Looking on the Net, appears current Snap-on knives are made in China. This one is stamped on the ricasso "Sheffield England Stainless." On the scale where the bolster would be is stamped "K-AP-I", whatever that means. Overall length about three and a half inches and blade about three inches. Can you tell me about when this was made and value, if any?

Attached Files:

2. jondar

jondar New Member

Found it myself! This is a Bahco K-AP-1 General Purpose knife made by the Bahco Knife Co. Why it is stamped Snap-on is anybody's guess. The Bahco is still being made, the Snap-on shows no longer being made. Not sure if the Bahco has jimping on the back edge as does the Snap-on, or if the Bahco is made still in Sheffield or from China.
  3. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

Snap-On has had many knives made for them over the years as promotional items. They normally are'nt listed in their catalog but instead through fliers from the salesmen. Matco and other tool companies have done the same as well.