1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Snipe hunting

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by army mp, Sep 11, 2009.

1. army mp

army mp Member

I receive a Sportsman’s news paper. Every month the state WPOs send in some of the incidents they have handled over the past month. One mentioned how he had Issued A Citations to some local boys for Underage drinking and snipe hunting on Game lands after Dark.

This had me Thinking how much things are the same after 40 some odd years.
    Back when I was a teen, I grew up in a suburban area. Most of the Guys I hung around with Hunted , trapped. And Fished. There was this one Guy that no matter what the conversation was. He knew all there was to know about it.

How ever his education was lacking in the Art of Snipe hunting. So Me and three of my friends took him.
    Now anyone who has never gone. You find one sucker. Give him a feed bag. Take him out about 2 or 3 miles and drop him off on a game trail, In the Middle of the night. You then tell him you and the others are going to drive to the next road over, and put on a Snipe Drive. And that if he stands there bent over in the Dark with the feed sack. The snipe will come running down the trail and into the bag. How ever after you have dropped the sucker off . You realize there are no snipes or Jackalopes in the Area and Just leave with your soon to be ex friend holding the bag. Most First time snipe hunters remain on stand for about a Half Hour before they realize they have been had. Rich never did tell us how long he stayed. I know we came back in two hours and he was gone.

And if you are reading this Rich sorry, But as Larry the Cable guy would say. I don’t care who you are that was funny. At Seventeen.
  2. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    :D:D:DI remember my first snipe hunt:D:D:D
    Thanks for the memory.
  3. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

ive never been.. on the receiving end that is:D:D i have however took one buddy. and he gets kinda quiet when someone mentions snipe huntin.:confused::confused::p
  4. DustyIrl

DustyIrl New Member

What are snipe?? Sounds like something big.
    We shoot snipe over here but there game birds. Similiar to woodcock