Sniper Rifles

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Jester, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Jester

Jester New Member

I hear you; when it comes to women, they run to me like Europeans to Bubonic Plague (or Americans to swine flu). Your help thus far has been invaluable, so thank you.

Jester
  2. Jester

Jester New Member

I can't find any of the more technical information on the Anzio-50, such as muzzle velocity. Any help would be appreciated.

[​IMG]
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Muzzle velocity will depend on a couple of factors, namely the charge/bullet wt combo and the barrel length. There are a few other more minor factors too, ie ambient temp, barrel temp, etc. Any idea what grain bullet you have this guy shooting? You'd be safe to put a 700gr bullet at 3000 fps.

Here's some info on a HEIAP round too, may help a previous post :

A so-called "combined effects" cartridge, the Mk 211 Mod 0 High-Explosive-Incendiary-Armor-Piercing (HEIAP) cartridge contains a .30 caliber tungsten penetrator, zirconium powder, and Composition A explosive. It can be used in any .50 caliber weapon in US inventory with the exception of the M85 machine gun. Cartridge is identified by a green tip with a grey ring.
  4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I recently saw or read that the military is going to replace the 308 rifles with 300 Win Mag. I don't recall the show or publication but they claimed that it is happening now.