Snow & Ice

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Kestral, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Kestral

Kestral Member

In my neck of the woods,we very rarely get ice & snow, but this year is the exception. So, out came the loading presses & I am churning out all the unusual calibres I have been putting off for some time.I now have a 700 rds of each of the following ready for when our outside range is back in business.25acp/ 7.62 x 25 / 32S&W/ 8mm Lebel rev/ 8mm Nambu.Now Im wondering what to do nextweek.
  2. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

here in michigan we are always full of snow. its best to have hot chili and soup always around and some movies to get past the beautiful winter. As far as global warming is concerned it never sees michigan.
  3. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

These last two week have been brutal. In a fortnight I have loaded enough pistol rounds to last me through a winter of indoor shooting.

Kestral: 8mm Lebel? 8mm Nambu? :eek: Those are seldom-seen calibers around here. :D
  4. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

New Years Day 2010, -2* windchill -25*

[​IMG]
  5. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is ABSOLUTE Dedication to the sport. Good for you.
  6. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Or.......insanity. :eek::rolleyes::D
  7. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

I claim Insanity!
  8. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

I did get some shootin in though. I wanted to set up at 25 yards, but that wasn't going to happen. I set up here at 19+ yards.
    Tested my Dan Wesson CBOB 10MM and Glock 23 40 S& W with AA #7 and 180gr JHPs.

Dan Wesson off the bench.
    [​IMG]

Glock 23 off the bench.
    [​IMG]

Dan Wesson off hand.
    [​IMG]
  9. Kestral

Kestral Member

Oneida Steve,ref the 8mm Lebel rev & 8mm Nambu,I purchased quite a few hundred cases from France a few years backof the Lebel,then sold the rev,then bought it back a few months ago.It hadn`t been used in all the time it was with someone else.It was like having an old friend back again.The 2 Nambus I have are a 94 or 34 whichever way they call it plus a 1914 service issue.Had them for years without use ,then was able to buy 1,000 cases from Midway,have had to use hard lead moulded bullets,but they seem to work OK so I`m hoping to have some good times when the weather improves.I hear your having it very rough in the States this year as well,must be politicaly induced just to keep you on the go. got to blame someone haven`t we.
  10. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Hey Kestral, How loading for that 25ACP? I bought one for my wife to carry in her purse. Looks like loading for that itty-bitty thing may be a pain in the ass. Yes-No, worth it, not worth it?
  11. Kestral

Kestral Member

I use lead moulded bullets, they work well in my Mauser 1910 also my Ortgies,cheap to use for practise,but use factory if & when carrying.
  12. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Kestral, I've seen a few Nambu pistols over the years, mostly bring-backs from the Pacific. They turn up nowadays as our older veterans pass away. Most gunshops here won't touch them due to the lack of ammo and questions about quality.

Rumor has it that Bill Ruger used a Nambu as the model for his first .22 automatic in the early years of Sturm Ruger Inc.
  13. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Where are the Guernsey Channel Islands? Just curious.
  14. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

You can't get there from here!

BTW, nice signature line. How's this one grab you?

[​IMG]